• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dinner has been roast duck with the usual trimmings, and extremely nice it was

Comment

Not sure how that extra got in there, but I think the duck was tasty enough to deserve it

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        My lower back is telling me something similar
        My lower back rarely ceases in its whining and whinging.

I think it's Scottish.

This evening's entertainmen, such as it was, was provided by "Chaos" with Jason Statham, which was remarkably entertaining in its way with a nice twist.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0402910/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Apparently one of two films entitled "Chaos" in 2005. Which must have caused some little confusion if you ended up watching the wrong one.

Very little in the way of martial arts, which seems unusual for a Statham film.

Followed by some curious dvd all about Meccano and Hornby trains produced by some Scottish guy. Not exactly professional or of high quality but ok in FF for most of it.

Then I chanced upon "I know my first name is Steven" which is one of those horrid true life story things that I'd have avoided like the plague if it hadn't mentioned that Brian Cranston was in it.

He might well have been but I didn't spot him.

It was made in 1989 so it was a very young Cranston at the beginning of his career.

And the subject matter was so vile I watched it with the sound turned down.
        Last edited by zeitghost; 28 May 2017, 22:31.

Comment

Early night for me

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I think I died overnight.

Welcome to ZombieZeit.

All this gardening is bad for you.

Especially if you compress it all into one afternoon.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey and damp out there, though the rain isn't raining for now

If the big storm was still storming when it passed over, I slept right through it. I daresay it had fizzled out into continuous light drizzle by the time it got here, as usual

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Rather close out there at the moment. <sweats gently after wandering home from town, and anticipating much more sweating this afternoon>

In other news, the reduced Peters Steak & Kidney pie from Morrisons has been consumed with the statutory baked beans.

<pffffft> will commence at around 17:00.

Comment

Bollocks.

Time to do the dishes, get the strimmer out & do yet more tedious gardening.

Have I mentioned that I fecking hate gardening?

Comment

Working...
                      X