• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Bacon Day at ClientCo so I'm not stopping for any lunch, having taken a break around ten when my sausage & bacon baguette arrived

One of the other contractors here has been called for jury service. He's already deferred it once, so now he's stuffed. He asked if it had ever happened to me, then smacked himself in the forehead when I said that it hadn't, but I had insurance in case it did
    Thought you didn't work Fridays
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Bacon Day at ClientCo so I'm not stopping for any lunch, having taken a break around ten when my sausage & bacon baguette arrived

One of the other contractors here has been called for jury service. He's already deferred it once, so now he's stuffed. He asked if it had ever happened to me, then smacked himself in the forehead when I said that it hadn't, but I had insurance in case it did
      If you know the correct phrases to use you can still avoid it - had to do it last time I was asked as I really couldn't do it.

Thankfully one of my projects at the time was one of theirs so they didn't mind when I phoned up and explained exactly why I was trying to postpone....
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

The Caymans are looking nice again.

https://royalpalmscayman.com/southcam/

There was someone pushing a trolley or some such just now.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          You can have some of ours if you like, like.
          Would like some thanks.
          Last edited by SueEllen; 2 June 2017, 13:19.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Comment

New gig - 50 strong sub company part of a huge bank. The sub company sold off 2 weeks before I joined. Yesterday announced 15 contractors will not be renewed. I am safe - for now.....

Comment

The cycle to work is going very well. Getting easier day by day.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  The cycle to work is going very well. Getting easier day by day.
                  BP starts disappearing....
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    Thought you didn't work Fridays
                    Not usually, but I had to be at home on Wednesday so I'm here today making up the time padding out the invoice

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      BP starts disappearing....
                      There are huge amounts to go. At least I am heading in the right direction. And my knee is holding up.

At the moment I only eat twice a day. Drink loads of water. Trying to use stairs rather than lift.

Tomorrow baby bp wants to do a 30 mile cycle.

Comment

Working...
                      X