• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Another abject delivery failure by Arseholeforce - their second attempt at delivering an ordered yankee candle set has seen the same result as the first - a box of smelly broken glass.

Now I need to go out to source a replacement
    Oddly enough many years ago when I worked in a department store in the North we were told not to send anything glass out to customers by our courier.

They were Parcelforce.

Nice to know some companies don't change...
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Oddly enough many years ago when I worked in a department store in the North we were told not to send anything glass out to customers by our courier.

They were Parcelforce.

Very true, they seem remarkably consistent
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Anyway exercise done. Supermarket visited. Now for a snooze before I take shopping to family.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

This year's addition to Christmas is the introduction of the "horse piss box" in which unwanted presents and other general crap should be placed, in order to give to charity.

The name inspired by the tale of the lady who had, for many years, misheard the name of her mother's "hospice box" which was a feature of their family Christmas.

(ms#4 and #5 "Stop calling it that mum, it's not even funny" - I beg to differ )

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

They were Parcelforce.

I dunno; a gift I sent on Thursday via ParcelForce containing a bottle, a glass jar, and other breakables, all arrived next day in the condition they were sent.

John Lewis, on the other hand, threw a couple of of those reed diffuser things into a box 4 times too big, with no surrounding packaging, and that unsurprisingly turned up in multiple pieces.

If things are packed well and securely, there's no reason for them to break.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Bit on the grey side here, though at least it's not raining

Just quickly baking some sausage rolls preparatory to setting off down south to my parents' place. Apparently my dad has now come down with a cold, so it looks like I'll be spending most of my time this evening looking after them both while shuttling stuff for tomorrow's dinner over to my sister's place and cooking my own tea. The hardest part of this will be persuading my mum to stop trying to look after dad, stop trying to look after me, stop trying to cook for me, and just go back to bed and rest so she's OK for tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                Especially on Christmas eve!

Sorted out all my stuff christmas dinner stuff yesterday, then spent the rest of the day in the company of friends and plenty of beer and wine.

"Menu" at Chez MarkyMarks:-

2 ribs of White Park fore rib
                1.5 KG of ham
                Pigs in Blankets
                Plenty of bacon

And even a few vegetables here and there :
                Indeed. Managed in Holmfirth sans much difficulty however. Oddly enough the same piece was a couple of quid cheaper and they threw in some fancy tea lights too. Just need to get a refund for the original now...

Good menu choice, I'm a big fan of the fore rib - didn't think of that. Instead I've taken the game route having found a new butchers in Harrogate. So I have mallard, pheasant and partridge. Hopefully they're nice and young and take to roasting alright (fingers crossed).

Comment

Well the roast in the bag Morrisons chicken was ok.

If rather uninspiring.

Not a patch on ZeitMater's roast chicken in days of yore.

I bought it as a bit of a change from the endless roast beef and roast lamb.

And it's off to Morgan's in Swansea tomorrow for the inevitable Xmas lunch.

Comment

Beginning to wonder quite why I persist in buying more and more dvds despite watching very few dvds.

Maybe I should watch a few.

Though the thing I recorded off Forces TV all about machine guns was very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      Beginning to wonder quite why I persist in buying more and more dvds despite watching very few dvds.

Maybe I should watch a few.

Though the thing I recorded off Forces TV all about machine guns was very interesting.
                      I bought Fawlty Towers in iTunes because I couldn't find the DVD box set I bought a couple of years ago and couldn't be bothered looking for it. Haven't watched it in either format

Comment

Working...
                      X