• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Frosty start out

The (just past) full moon is hanging low in the west behind a thin veil of cloud, looking awesome. And I have opened the communal gate, so the bin day festivities can begin. I imagine the arrival of the bin folk to be like something out of a Hollywood musical, with them trading lines of the verse of a song about how wonderful it is to be emptying bins on a frosty morning before all joining in on the chorus; but it's a bit too cold to stay out there to witness it

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Morning denizens

Frosty start out

The (just past) full moon is hanging low in the west behind a thin veil of cloud, looking awesome. And I have opened the communal gate, so the bin day festivities can begin. I imagine the arrival of the bin folk to be like something out of a Hollywood musical, with them trading lines of the verse of a song about how wonderful it is to be emptying bins on a frosty morning before all joining in on the chorus; but it's a bit too cold to stay out there to witness it
      Nah they just state what bin is full, exchange banter while dragging them out and then dump them back.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Nah they just state what bin is full, exchange banter while dragging them out and then dump them back.
        Shattering illusions much?

They usually just leave them at the end of the drive or mews or whatever it is, thereby blocking both the gate and the pavement

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Shattering illusions much?

They usually just leave them at the end of the drive or mews or whatever it is, thereby blocking both the gate and the pavement
          You guess I've watched binmen.

Only to get them to take large bits of rubbish away....
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning all back garden still covered in a few inches of snow. Road a total ice rink as the council gritted it just before the rain started yesterday, so all the grit was washed off before the snow came.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

It's snowing!

I was going to head out to Bradgate for a walk, but that's on hold for now, as is the alternative of walking up to the river/canal and along the towpath onto the nature reserve

Comment

Train on time at 40 minutes late. Class 150. Signaling problems with the new signaling system installed at Cardiff over Xmas.

Comment

:: EPE Chat Zone ­:: ­Radio Bygones Message Board ::: Mel

Comment

Comment

The local paper is putting people's tweets of photos of the snow on their website, despite them being of utterly boring and unprepossessing scenes. Might pop out the back and photograph one of the bins, just to see if they bite…

Comment

Working...
                      X