• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Massive queue at the sorting office. Why aren't these people at work? No wonder the country's going to the dogs
    Brexit innit
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Massive queue at the sorting office. Why aren't these people at work? No wonder the country's going to the dogs
      I should make it clear that I was referring to the people in the queue - the Royal Mail staff seemed to be doing an excellent job

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Low rate close to home, that is what I am on at the moment, no travelling, or commuting I should say, saves me a fair bit meaning my "take home" is more than a higher rate away from home.

How much does the bench pay is the question though?
        You're right - the bench pays bugger all. There has to be a limit though. The warchest will last a little while yet.

The client have now come back to the pimp and asked him to find CVs on £100 per day below my bottom rate but no change to the skillset required. I'm holding my breath on that one!

Meanwhile I'm nice and warm at home with my Cisco books, the cats and the BBC for company.

Comment

Settled into a comfy train with tea and biscuits on tap. This should take roughly half the time it took to drive back last week.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
            You're right - the bench pays bugger all. There has to be a limit though. The warchest will last a little while yet.

The client have now come back to the pimp and asked him to find CVs on £100 per day below my bottom rate but no change to the skillset required. I'm holding my breath on that one!

Meanwhile I'm nice and warm at home with my Cisco books, the cats and the BBC for company.
            So even at your low rate you were too expensive - look like you dodged a tulipty environment.

Right need to go out and replace that leaky beer.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Right need to go out and replace that leaky beer.
              I hope you got a couple, just to be sure...

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                I hope you got a couple, just to be sure...
                I'm collecting alcohol in between feeling light headed.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  I'm collecting alcohol in between feeling light headed.
                  Yeah...it'll do that to you. My advice is to sit at the bar, then you don't have to go anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post

ClientCo are looking for a BA, really having trouble, I know their rates are on the low side but can the market be that picky, or are rates down everywhere
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                      ClientCo are looking for a BA, really having trouble, I know their rates are on the low side but can the market be that picky, or are rates down everywhere
                      Your question doesn't make sense. If rates were down everywhere then your customer would find someone.

Comment

Working...
                      X