• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had to install project.....

unclean, unclean...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Well, that was a good walk: I got muddy, I got lost, and I got my parcel from the Amazon Locker on the way back

After heading out along the causeway through the low-lying swampy area, I found bits of the nature reserve that I don't ever remember being in before, but eventually found my way across to the river towpath. Then I walked up there, past the bit where the river's natural course heads off and the canalised bit continues straight towards town. I carried on almost as far as the Roman wall; but before I got there, I got the text notifying me the parcel had arrived at the locker. So I turned off and cut across to the Great Central Railway (as was) and back down there, and so home.

Near the end there was a pedestrian crossing that I often drive past, which always seems to give a ridiculous amount of priority to pedestrians. Today, using it as a pedestrian, it had clearly been adjusted to give far too much time to traffic. Sometimes you just can't win

There was a good selection of waterfowl out and about, too: mallard and pochard duck, swans, geese, coots, moorhens, and some thing I haven't identified yet, possibly a water rail

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Just been out to put grit down on a lady's drive (not a euphemism). She's in her late 50s had hip replacements a couple of years ago and her husband died a few years back. Her driveway is quite steep up to the house and in this weather she will struggle walking down it when she takes her dog out.

That's my good deed done for the year, now, who wants banning?
        You should offer to take her dog on one of it's daily dog walks since you are so good at them.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The remainder of last night's southern fried chicken bits, reheated, for tea

Taking into account today's exercise, the fitness app informs me that that leaves me with enough leeway to have a beer or more

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            The remainder of last night's southern fried chicken bits, reheated, for tea

Taking into account today's exercise, the fitness app informs me that that leaves me with enough leeway to have a beer or more
            2 hours in the Gym the though I only managed 7.5 minutes on the rowing machine on the way out, I normally last 15 doing 600/1000 bursts.

After a small chili I'm enjoying a nice scotch as a reward.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Fire lit and tea pot activated. I need the morale boost whilst I steel myself to settle the SA bill

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                tea pot activated.

Comment

Morning all Fire not lit yet, still a couple of inches of snow in the garden. A few billable hours today, in between chopping wood, etc.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Exercise done. Class very full.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      All academic now; no more howling, ZeitMog is no more.

Went to see vet & that was that.

Ho hum.

Funny how this anniversary is somehow more upsetting than the more recent ones.

Is it really 7 years?

I suppose it must be.

She's still down there but the greenhouse isn't any more.

Ho hum.

Comment

Working...
                      X