• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Home last night to find a discovery notice from HMRC on t'doormat for y/e 2013.

Having studied the numbers, I believe they might well have a point.

Looks like previous employer reported one set of figures to Hector, and another set of figures to me. Clearly, it's only when big-co's HR departments get involved in things that the wheels fall off.

I'm gonna have a beer I think, try and recover from this affront to my careful financial management.

Bugger <- manly

Comment

I have been woefully neglectful of my Super Monkey Car, which has been sitting unused for many months. As a result, its battery is flat, presumably from powering the clock

The battery is now charging in the kitchen. So with a bit of luck the car can get moving again tomorrow, just in time to be taken for its MOT

Comment

Comment

BP is posting. Anyone would think there is an impending millennium....

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I have been woefully neglectful of my Super Monkey Car, which has been sitting unused for many months. As a result, its battery is flat, presumably from powering the clock

The battery is now charging in the kitchen. So with a bit of luck the car can get moving again tomorrow, just in time to be taken for its MOT
            At least you still have the bicycle.....

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              Liver and onions for tea.

Yum.

Though that'll be a while yet.

Got to go & buy some more liver coz I'm on the last pack.
              Reminds me saw lamb's (sheep's) liver in the cut down meat section earlier. They had taken 20p of the price.

Was unimpressed with the price reductions normally they take a minimum of £1. They obviously cottoned on that everyone goes to that section to stock up on meat and pizza to put in the freezer.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Reminds me saw lamb's (sheep's) liver in the cut down meat section earlier. They had taken 20p of the price.

Was unimpressed with the price reductions normally they take a minimum of £1. They obviously cottoned on that everyone goes to that section to stock up on meat and pizza to put in the freezer.
                What will the grammar nazis make of that?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

You need to wait for the second stamping:

Comment

Bugger <- manly
                    Thanks.

On closer inspection I can see the figures from Hector are indeed correct and the figures I supplied are not. And I have found why. So now I need to throw myself on the mercy and leniency of our friends at HMRC

But first, a beer. It's >needed.

Comment

One of the ZeitCorollas has a permanent drain of about 600mA with everything switched off, which is sufficient to completely flatten the battery in a week if it's not used.

Hence the creation of the ZeitCorollaBatteryCharger(tm), which charges the battery when it drops to about 12.4V until it reaches about 13.8V, at which time it stops the charging.

It works quite well.

Comment

Working...
                      X