• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicken noodle related nonsense on t'blog in case anyone is interested.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

It's amazing how turning off windoze(tm) updates improves things.

It no longer takes 10 minutes before I can start using the POS.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey out, but dry

Having the last of the pork for lunch. The joint's done well but, having roast pork butties for the third day in a row, I must admit I'm getting a bit bored of them. Still, there's a bit of crackling left to go with them, too

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          Phone interview in a bit which I suspect is going to be a big fat waste of my time.

I suspect the pimp has lied about the extent of my Dutch which I categorically stated was not fluent. Client in question wants someone fluent though the person doing the phone interview does not speak the language. Also got some initial feedback about the CV which the interviewer thinks isn't suited for what they are looking for.

"Must speak fluent cloggy" normally means "foreigners need not apply".

Looks like its lining up to be a pointless exercise!
          Call supposed to be at 2pm, no sign of any call yet.

Wouldn't surprise me if it's actually 3pm my time and the pimp has got it wrong!
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            So Sainsburys has to email me to tell me they are ending brand match on 26th April. I haven't noticed....
            That's annoying - I often get coupons for five quid or more on BrandMatch. I daresay the supposed reductions they'll make instead will be on stuff I don't buy, as I don't fit the target demographic - as evidenced by the fact that, if my BrandMatch coupons are worth so much, the things I'm buying clearly aren't ones they see fit to discount

If I only knew what it was that was so much cheaper at Asda, I could go there for those things. It's only across the road from Sainsbury's. I'll have to check their respective websites…

Comment

Afternoon all

More "Garden thief" outrage directed at those who think more highly of a plant in their front garden than a pensioner's delicate mental state. Also, losing a cutting does not qualify you to refer to yourself as a "victim".

So that's them told.

In other news some bloke named Paul has lost his blue ipod nano whilst walking the dog, so if any of you spot it PM me and I'll pass on the good news.

Comment

Turns out the fecking moron pimp arranged everything UK time rather than CET. Would have been nice for him to inform me of the fact.

Needless to say am p!ssed off with having to hang around for yet another while waiting for this stupid phone interview.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                  Afternoon all

More "Garden thief" outrage directed at those who think more highly of a plant in their front garden than a pensioner's delicate mental state. Also, losing a cutting does not qualify you to refer to yourself as a "victim".

So that's them told.
                  Has he joined the gardening club yet?
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Has he joined the gardening club yet?
                    I tend to stay away from such militant organisations for fear of being radicalised. I don't want to get talked into going to Kew Gardens to throw horse manure at the visitors like some sort of human dirty bomb.

So the short answer is I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                      I tend to stay away from such militant organisations for fear of being radicalised. I don't want to get talked into going to Kew Gardens to throw horse manure at the visitors like some sort of human dirty bomb.

So the short answer is I don't know.
                      It's like an online version of a soap - can't wait for the next instalment.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X