• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steak & chips for tea

It was an Aberdeen Angus ribeye from M&S. Very nice, but the fancy (and rather more expensive) aged-for-some-number-of-days-I-can't-remember ones are nicer.

The battery was supposedly charged before dinner, though it'll be interesting to see if it holds it. For emergencies, I picked up a jumpstarting battery pack off Amazon: it delivers 400A peak output, uses lithium batteries, and is roughly the size of my iPhone 6 wide and high, and three times as thick

And it can also charge phones, which is nice if it turns out to be useless at jumpstarting and you need to call the RAC, I suppose

Comment

What's MrFitz doing up at this hour? Or haven't you gone to bed yet?

Comment

Odd, innit.

NF must have been up all night watching obscure dvds.

Alternatively, he's been charging his battery all night.

Morning all.

Comment

Well I'm glad the business got done yesterday when the weather was grey but reasonable, rather than today when it's grey, wet, cold, and miserable.

I feel strangely disconnected.

Ho hum.

Comment

Parkrun done. Doughnut and Turkish Delight consumed. Parkrun undone...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              Well I'm glad the business got done yesterday when the weather was grey but reasonable, rather than today when it's grey, wet, cold, and miserable.

I feel strangely disconnected.

Ho hum.
              I find that a sense of detachment gets me through most things.

Comment

One side of the valley is in bright sunshine, the other has black clouds of doom bearing down on it.

Comment

Well well.

Apparently, FB is the place to be if you're dealing in illegal arms sales.

Roll up! Roll up! buy your AK here! Discount for Quantity!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    +1
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      Parkrun done. Doughnut and Turkish Delight consumed. Parkrun undone...
                      nope it may be larger but its looking trimmer is what I convince myself!
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X