• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Indeed. Managed in Holmfirth sans much difficulty however. Oddly enough the same piece was a couple of quid cheaper and they threw in some fancy tea lights too. Just need to get a refund for the original now...

Good menu choice, I'm a big fan of the fore rib - didn't think of that. Instead I've taken the game route having found a new butchers in Harrogate. So I have mallard, pheasant and partridge. Hopefully they're nice and young and take to roasting alright (fingers crossed).
    I actually had a choice of 3 breeds, but the White Park is my favorite beef ever, marble madness .

Fingers crossed matey, at least you will know if the butchers a gooden.
    Never cooked such fare, myself, maybe I should be more adventurous.

These are the guys I use, the owners Australian of all things.

Still, the dogs nut sacks

The stuff was all nicely packed, really top job..

THE BUTCHERY LTD - HOME
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      I dunno; a gift I sent on Thursday via ParcelForce containing a bottle, a glass jar, and other breakables, all arrived next day in the condition they were sent.

John Lewis, on the other hand, threw a couple of of those reed diffuser things into a box 4 times too big, with no surrounding packaging, and that unsurprisingly turned up in multiple pieces.

If things are packed well and securely, there's no reason for them to break.
      They use to stand on some of the boxes and/or drop them.

Some other well-known courier companies have been caught doing the same in the last year.

And one thing the experienced mature permie retail staff taught me is how to pack boxes to send by courier.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Parents both packed off to bed, turkey and stuff delivered to sibling's house, and amazingly my parents have actually got some beer in!

Greene King IPA, four cans thereof; but it's a better haul than most years

I need to cook my dinner soon, but the duck breasts provided haven't thawed fully yet

Comment

Have just consumed large quantity of birthday cake (ms#5's birthday). Feeling a bit sick.

Comment

My duck breasts are cooking. There doesn't seem to be anything to go with them, apart from some sliced bread. Duck sandwiches it is

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Have just consumed large quantity of birthday cake (ms#5's birthday). Feeling a bit sick.
              Family tradition?

Comment

Right now, Rhodri Marsden is beginning his annual Christmas Eve retweets of people's photos of wretched places they have to sleep, or bedding they have to sleep under, while visiting relatives for Christmas. Sleeping bags under desks next to clothes horses, or single beds with a Superman duvet cover from when the tweeter was twelve, that sort of thing. There's usually some right tulipshows on display, if you fancy a laugh at somebody else's expense

Comment

Lady in the Van on BBC2 - worth a watch.

Comment

Managed to cut myself on one of my mum's razor sharp kitchen knives while slicing my duck. No idea where they keep the plasters. Ended up improvising with kitchen roll and sellotape

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Managed to cut myself on one of my mum's razor sharp kitchen knives while slicing my duck. No idea where they keep the plasters. Ended up improvising with kitchen roll and sellotape
                      Made a contraceptive that way once.

Well it was clingfilm rather than kitchen roll, but you get my drift.

And I didn't need the knife.
                      Last edited by zeitghost; 24 December 2016, 22:23.

Comment

Working...
                      X