• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    We seem to have "lost" an esteemed customer, hopefully not "permanently" if you get my drift.
    Just long enough for the gamey flavour to develop?

Comment

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
      Just long enough for the gamey flavour to develop?
      Nope.

Hope it's not the "usual" which is either the Marina or the Tawe.

Comment

Home, and holiday!

Not too bad a trip back

Now trying to decide whether to rush through tea and go across town to see a band, or give it a miss and just relax

Comment

Tea has been homemade chicken soup out of the freezer, with croutons and a thick hunk of that brown bread with lots of different seeds or some such in it

And I have decided in favour of trekking across town to the gig

Comment

I've been put off chicken for a while. (See General)

Didn't realise that Next wasn't that old as a retailer.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

This evening entertainment was "Knowing" (2009) Nicholas Cage.

Quite creepy until the reveal.

Knowing (2009) - IMDb

Enjoyable if daft.

Followed by S1Ep11 of "Person of Interest" where our hero is confined to a wheelchair in proper "Rear Window" fashion.

Comment

Home again, after what can only be described as a night out

The gig was excellent. It was Marrakesh Express, who are most of Diesel Park West plus one, doing stuff by the Hollies, the Byrds, Buffalo Springfield, and CSNY. Very good stuff, with the set interspersed with brief contemporaneous video clips of interviews and such explaining how things came together, but it's mainly the band having a good time playing good songs

During the break, Rick (from the band) was stood just by me chatting to someone when an elderly gentleman with glasses and a neatly trimmed white moustache, wearing a smart tweed jacket, approached him and shook his hand vigorously, crying "Rick! You're ******* killing it tonight mate!" thereby proving that these days, there's a fine line between and

And on the way home I stopped off in the local I don't often go in since an arsehole became landlord, where I had a good chat with our local paper's crime reporter. Being a local journalist is a pretty precarious thing these days, it seems. So maybe my decision to go for the degree in philosophy rather than taking the job as a trainee journalist on the Biggleswade Chronicle all those years ago was the right one after all

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Rained after I got in last night, which was unusually considerate of it, but it's stopped now and the day's just very grey and gloomy

It's going to rain again later though

Anyway, the bins have been liberated, and that's the main thing

Comment

Comment

Started to rain 2 minutes before end of cycle into clientco.

Comment

Working...
                      X