• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    1. Take laptop to meeting
    2. Pretend to take notes
    3. Post here / do something useful.
    "You can always tell the developers in a meeting: they're the ones who bring a laptop that they never open, or a notebook that they never write in" - somebody at a client years ago

Comment

Car booked in for service, lunch eaten, memory installed in company computer.
      8 minutes to the next call.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Disappointing haul of dvds considering I've not been in Swansea for a month.

The only ones of note were "Vertigo" and "The Glen Miller Story", both with Jimmy Stewart.

Comment

Feck I'm bored. And I have 1.5 hours to go.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Feck I'm bored. And I have 1.5 hours to go.
            You could correct the misquote in your signature?
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              "You can always tell the developers in a meeting: they're the ones who bring a laptop that they never open, or a notebook that they never write in" - somebody at a client years ago
              I always use my Rocketbook. One of the better / more successful Kickstarter projects I've put money in.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Shopping done, as well as a trip out past Cassini to the Royal Mail sorting office for a parcel

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                I always use my Rocketbook. One of the better / more successful Kickstarter projects I've put money in.
                Said parcel contained the fruits of a Kickstarter: a fundraiser for the London Centre for Book Arts, my end of the deal being their new book on bookbinding, and a boxed set of bookbinding tools

I used to muck about doing a bit of bookbinding when I was a teenager, though I had to make do with whatever tools were to hand. Whether or not I'll get back into it, and achieve any better results with professional tools, remains to be seen

Comment

You could correct the misquote in your signature?
                  Nope because its annoying you so much you have written about it in two threads.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I just seem to mainly buy pens...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-a-minimal-pen
                    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cwandt/pen-type-b
                    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...usting-edc-pen
                    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ium-pen-type-b

and 3 of them come from the same place....
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

The ZeitTea this evening, after a hard day at the coalface , was M&S chunky haddock in breadcrumbs Morrisons fillet of salmon.

It was very nice.

The unsalty nature of the salt was ameliorated by adding handfuls in a vain attempt to make stuff taste better.

It sort of worked.

Today's first washing machine pass has concluded, the items are in the drier, and the 2nd load is ongoing.

It's still a bit odd having both machines next to each other, but I suppose I'll get used to it.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Shopping done, as well as a trip out past Cassini to the Royal Mail sorting office for a parcel

Said parcel contained the fruits of a Kickstarter: a fundraiser for the London Centre for Book Arts, my end of the deal being their new book on bookbinding, and a boxed set of bookbinding tools

I used to muck about doing a bit of bookbinding when I was a teenager, though I had to make do with whatever tools were to hand. Whether or not I'll get back into it, and achieve any better results with professional tools, remains to be seen
                      You may find yersen in a bit of a bind, all in all.

Currently wondering what to do with all the various pcs littering the place. With the lack of space in ZeityTowers some of them may have to go.

In other news, apparently some recently ex footballing oik has been busted for DUI.
                      Last edited by zeitghost; 1 September 2017, 17:26.

Comment

Working...
                      X