• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been overcast with hints of slight drizzle here.

It's lightening up a bit towards the west, maybe we'll see a little bit of sunshine shortly.

Been busy cleaning the ZeitParents' house ready for tomorrow's visit by ZeitNephew & spouse.

Had the heating on to warm the place up a bit, and even heated the water so I could enjoy a hot bath rather than my more usual cold shower.

I can't remember exactly when I used that bath last, but it must have been while ZeitMater was in the care home.

The boiler packed up some time around then.

And some gardening has been done, namely the semiannual massacre of the brambles.

Had a nice bonfire too, to get rid of some rubbish.

The rubbish could have gone in the recycling but it was more fun burning it. Made loads of smoke too.
    Last edited by zeitghost; 16 April 2017, 18:17.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      The rubbish could have gone in the recycling but it was more fun burning it. Made loads of smoke too.
      Burning is a form of recycling, really - recycled into energy released directly into the environment, along with assorted fumes

Comment

It's raining here now

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Did you get any punctures? Only asking because someone yesterday got a puncture and was very happy to use the tools provided, happy to borrow a pump from the village shop, impressed that the shop had a spare tube that fitted his bike, but didn't have any way of paying for it but said he would call back later. 24 hours later, no sign of him.
          Nope. I have Bib Mousses in my tyres, so punctures are not something I have to worry about, fortunately.
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

TFBSZ
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              It's raining here now
              All Zeity's fault for burning his rubbish.

Stone the unbeliever!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

So, tonight's cinematic entertainment.

A year or two ago, when I was a little inebriated and looking for something to watch, my Apple TV (or possibly the iTunes app on my phone) was brouhahaing about Now You See Me. A heist movie involving conjurors, or prestidigitationists, or whatever: OK, I'll give that a try, I thought.

Having watched it, I concluded that it was aimed at the more gullible end of the 14-year-old-schoolboy spectrum. But reasonably entertaining if you don't mind putting your critical faculties aside for a couple of hours

Lo! The Universe has brought forth Now You See Me 2

So, the other night I watched the first one again, just to remind myself. Still very much adolescent-oriented.

And tonight I watched the new one.

It was Coleridge who first suggested that a writer might expect of the reader "a willing suspension of disbelief". Now You See Me 2 seems to have been written on the presumption that disbelief should be taken hence to the prison in which it was last confined, and from there to a place of execution where it will be hanged by the neck until dead and thereafter buried within the precincts of the prison; and may the Lord have mercy upon its soul

Still, if your capacity for utter hokum is tending towards infinity, it may serve

And after that, I tried the first couple of episodes of Generation Kill. Excellent, in all the ways the prior film wasn't

And after that, I launched myself into the final season of The Sopranos as, given that I've watched it most of the way through again, I might as well complete it. I can't even work out of it's the fifth or sixth time; but it is really very good, so who's counting.

Goodnight all

Comment

Last evening's entertainment seemed to consist of watching the 2nd dvd kindly provided with "The Adventures of Robin Hood".

Said dvd consists largely of documentaries about the making thereof, with associated cartoons of Buggs Bunny and Daffy the Duck Robin Hood spoofs.

I am now aware of the history of the Technicolor(tm) film process, how it is superious to EastmanColor(tm), all the ins and outs of making Sherwood Forest in California, some curious outtakes, a blooper reel for 1938, and an odd little film that Errol Flynn made about sailing his yacht around the Americas and through the Panama Canal. This last must have been made in the 50s since there's a helicopter in it.

1952: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0044523/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_3

And this guy did most of the archery stunts:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0384325/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cr88

I trust also that I've managed to record the correct ep of "Elementary" that escaped last Tuesday.

Today's joy is the visit of ZeitNephew & spouse which is going to cost me a nice lunch somewhere.
                  Last edited by zeitghost; 17 April 2017, 07:58.

Comment

Morning all tip run today.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Morning all tip run today.
                      Enjoy the queue.

Need to do some gardening.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X