• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    It's still a bit odd having both machines next to each other, but I suppose I'll get used to it.
    Pretend you've had a time and motion study done

Comment

Excellent idea.

The banging from the plumbing as the water valve opens & closes vibrates the entire house.

Which is interesting.

If not in a good way.

Adjusting the venetian blinds in work (creation of the devil in my opinion) has ended up causing two nice little blisters on my little fingers due to the recalcitrance of the fecking things to descend as a blind should.

Vertical blinds are much easier.

Oh, and the drier is on its final load.

It's amazing where all the fluff comes from.
      Last edited by zeitghost; 1 September 2017, 20:01.

Comment

Tonight's tea was a couple of pork chops, with chips, peas, and gravy. Excellent

Now I've wasted fifteen minutes trying to find a Blu-ray I bought recently, but there's no sign of it anywhere, or at least anywhere I've looked. I presume it'll turn up at some time when I have no need of it

Comment

It's the random perversity of inanimate matter.

Takes me ages to find some dvds.

They seem to hide themselves in plain sight.

This evening's first & only feature was "Unstoppable" with Denzel Washington and Chris "Wigless War Criminal" Pine.

It was rather enjoyable.

Based, apparently, on a True Story.

Comment

It's the random perversity of inanimate matter.

Takes me ages to find some dvds.

They seem to hide themselves in plain sight.
            I found it sandwiched between some books

It being Kill Bill: Vol. 2, and most excellent it was

This was followed by a Zeity-inspired purchase from a month or so ago: The Siege, which was also pretty good stuff, if somewhat reliant on an understanding of the way the US Constitution leads to a separation of powers between various state and federal agencies and the military

And as the iTunes store has the entirety of Peep Show on offer for thirteen quid at the moment, I watched the first episode of that for the first time since it was first shown, and it's still worth watching

This evening's first & only feature was "Unstoppable" with Denzel Washington and Chris "Wigless War Criminal" Pine.

It was rather enjoyable.

Based, apparently, on a True Story.
            I watched that last year:

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Train not moving...
            Funnily enough I'm watching a film about a train that won't stop at all, even though everybody wants it to. Quite different to your situation
            Didn't realise it'd been that long. Doesn't time fly when you waste it on work

Goodnight all

Comment

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning all
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Horrid discovery of the day:

The football companies have grouped together to have an Association Football match between Wales & Austria this evening.

Which is damned inconvenient of them since I have to attend a birthday party in Cardiff this fecking evening.

Oh woe, woe, and thrice woe is me.

And I'm completely & utterly shagged out.

Maybe I could pretend to have died, like Hotblack Desiato.

However it must be said that it's a glorious September morning.

And we don't get many of those.
                  Last edited by zeitghost; 2 September 2017, 07:59.

Comment

Exercise done.

Listening to people talk about different colour bins for waste and recycling. My head is exploding.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The Saturday ZeitLunch was a Morrisons Steak & Kidney pie (reduced) with Heinz baked beans.

I was going to have some beefburgers but I haven't got any bread.

The weather's still borked: it's a lovely day out there.

And, in other news, the NZ motorway & highway progs aren't on this week.

Though there's about 6 hours of NZ Customs to make up for it.

I'm fed up the customs progs so I won't be watching that.

If I can get away from the ZeitSis birthday party in good time, I may watch a film instead.

And having located the ZeitGrandfather's Magic Lantern, and discovered the dry rot in the pantry, Zeity has just been up the loft again and brought down ZeitGrandfather's Magic Lantern slides, most of which, unsurprisingly, are godbothering in nature and shew the Holy Land & suchlike.

Bet they'll go down a bomb at the auction.
                      Last edited by zeitghost; 2 September 2017, 12:25.

Comment

Working...
                      X