• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Grey, gloomy start out there, though the rain hasn't arrived yet - the radar suggests it'll be here any time now

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      This evening's primary entertainment was faffing about.

The first feature was "The Manchurian Candidate", 2004, Denzel Washington, Meryl Streep, shedloads of people from NCIS, and Dean "Green Hair" Stockwell.

The Manchurian Candidate (2004) - IMDb

It was very good.

I have the 1962 version too.
      I watched the original a while back - must give the new one a go some time.

Comment

And another grey drizzly day dawns in the madhouse that is the ZeitLife.

Comment

T-2

Comment

Comment

Last day of holiday and after 9 days of glorious sunshine it's pissing down.

Which kind of blows away the idea of wandering around the theme park to kill the hours between being getting kicked out of the accommodation to getting on the ferry.

Also does not help we are under some trees so cannot tell if it is still raining or just being dripped on by the trees.

Oh well

Happy Wednesday everyone.

Comment

Morning all

A bit of rain overnight, but slowly clearing this morning. While doing chargeable work for the client, I've got my company's new desktop computer receiving all the data from the 6 year old laptop using the migration assistant (2hr 16min remaining at 34MB/s). Next will be to fire up the old desktop, do a backup of the data on it to transfer over and finally the laptop. Follow that with switching on the time machine and we are good to go.

In other news it appears I am going to the IoW this weekend to take The Wife (tm) away for her birthday.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Isle of Wight? Lucky lucky barsteward.

I've just taken 5 years of PC Plus (1997 - 2002) down to the dump.

The pile was nearly 5 feet high and hadn't been opened in so long that the covers were sticking together.

Knackered now.

Currently sitting down awaiting the arrival of the whirlwind which is ZeitSis in "throw everything away" mode.

Not a mode with which I'm particularly familiar, but I'm getting there slowly.

How the feck I'm going to live in either of these houses after today is another matter.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    Isle of Wight? Lucky lucky barsteward.

I've just taken 5 years of PC Plus (1997 - 2002) down to the dump.

The pile was nearly 5 feet high and hadn't been opened in so long that the covers were sticking together.

Knackered now.
                    Hope you recycled them.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Reading a document before another few meetings....
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X