• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    not Chicken Little then, eh?

No, they’d be entirely inadequate for my requirements

Just been out to the bins. Orion is sparkling away again with the moon hovering over his left shoulder. It's down to 5° out there now, with clear skies, and the chilly breeze from earlier seems to have died down. Forecast is that it'll dip below freezing overnight

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      No, they’d be entirely inadequate for my requirements
      didn't read 'the space merchants' then?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        didn't read 'the space merchants' then?

Many years ago.

Tea: M&S battered haddock, 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: ST: First Contact.

Many year since I watched this, it was good fun.

Now watching the extras: the one about the Real Titan Missile Silo is interesting.

Turns out the Real Titan Missile had never been fueled nor had the nuke installed which is why it's still there.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Many years ago.

Tea: M&S battered haddock, 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: ST: First Contact.

Many year since I watched this, it was good fun.

Now watching the extras: the one about the Real Titan Missile Silo is interesting.

Turns out the Real Titan Missile had never been fueled nor had the nuke installed which is why it's still there.
          That’s a really good one, and the only ST film I’ve seen in an actual cinema

Comment

A tad precipitous on the way back tonight. Trying to decide if I go out to a mall for a stroll, or go to the gym.

Need to catch up on all the goings on here first.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              That’s a really good one, and the only ST film I’ve seen in an actual cinema
              I think I've seen most of them in the cinema back in the day though I never bothered with Nemesis or the latest of the J J Abrams reboot crap.

TFBSZ.

There's an awful lot of extras on the 2nd dvd, and three different commentaries on the first dvd.

I might listen to Frakes commentary and skip the rest.

It's a region 4 dvd box so the bluray player refuses to play it, so the region free player was pressed into action for the first time since "Joan of Arcadia".

I even discovered what the HD button on the remote does.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tonight’s reading was Primo Levi's The Truce, his account of his journey home from Auschwitz. It took most of 1945 before he finally got back to Turin, passing through Poland, the USSR, Romania, Hungary, Germany, and I think a few other countries

He’s still in Poland, in Katowice, at the point I’ve got to; not that far from Auschwitz yet.

Goodnight all

Comment

John Wick 3 is on HBO. It’s either that or watch POTUS doing his pre-re-election SOTU
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    John Wick 3 is on HBO. It’s either that or watch POTUS doing his pre-re-election SOTU
                    John Wick 3, all of the John Wicks actually, are good entertainment. Utterly implausible of course.

Comment

Dark, clear skies, chilly at 3 degrees but dry.

Back to the office as there's things that can't be done at home and a deadline is looming.

I managed to lose 1.4 kg in just one day of being poorly. That'll be back on before the end of the week, I expect.

Comment

Working...
                      X