• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And that's the next batch of chili con carne bubbling away on the hob.

It has the random assortment of stuff I found in the cupboard, including the can of beans BBE 2011, the very last can bequeathed by the Late Strangelove Mater.

During the firkling about at the back of the cupboard a tin of peaches was discovered.

I may have some of those with custard for my tea.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Feeling sufficiently lurgified today to have taken a couple of paracetamol, which I never do

On the bright side, at least it seems to be resolving into an actual something; added achiness, and a bit of a cough, and some sneezing just now. Better than the vague malaise which is all it managed up to now, and which had me wondering if it was just me, or possibly just decrepitude

Comment

Just brought a fairly large batch of chips through stage 2 of preparation. Give them thirty minutes or so to cool down, and they can go in the freezer; some will be for tonight, and the rest (along with a small number already in the freezer) should be enough for three to four more meals, depending on how greedy I am

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Just brought a fairly large batch of chips through stage 2 of preparation. Give them thirty minutes or so to cool down, and they can go in the freezer; some will be for tonight, and the rest (along with a small number already in the freezer) should be enough for three to four more meals, depending on how greedy I am
          so what are the stages ? pray tell?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            so what are the stages ? pray tell?
            Parboiling with a spoonful of vinegar added to the water (for chemistry, not flavour); lowish temperature initial frying; freezing; and high temperature frying to finish.

Full details: https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2514704 - though I now recommend the final fry to be for a little longer at 170° to 180° as it's easy to overcook them at 190° and the oil needs replacing sooner

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              And that's the next batch of chili con carne bubbling away on the hob.
              It was nice enough, no meh detected.

Followed by some ground rice I found at the back of the cupboard BBE 2016.

That was nice too with added fine cut marmalade (Morrisons, unreduced).

All rounded off with 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              the oil needs replacing sooner
              Castrol GTX or Texaco Havoline?

Comment

Castrol GTX or Texaco Havoline?
                Castrol R

Comment

Stone me, have you seen the price of a gallon of oil these days?

Comment

Stone me, have you seen the price of a gallon of oil these days?

just checked.

had to have a lie down.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X