• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    In the Chinese
    And very nice it was

It was raining a bit and rather breezy as I went there and back; a bit horrid, I thought

Now it's absolutely teeming down and blowing a gale out there

Comment

I've got both the long film version and the very, very long version that's the whole of the TV series spliced together into one film ("ALL the waiting", as somebody described it). The only question is when I'll have enough time to watch them
      Unusually I have two dvds.

They don't have the same number.

One set is a mere 200 minutes, the other is 4 hours 42 minutes.

In the Chinese
      Our Chinese have been on holiday since the 17th.

They're back, as I understand it, on Monday.

Currently watching the Oak Island nutjobs, I missed the start of it last Sunday which went into more detail on the death of that unfortunate youngster from an epileptic fit.

They've found some nails, something that might or might not be a coin, an iron spike, and lots of mud.

They sent a super duper camera down one of the holes to see if they could find the golden object from last year.

Whilst the camera saw stuff, when the diver went down all he found was the aforementioned mud.

Visibility on the dive was close to zero, and he was submerged at depth from about 10 to 15 minutes too long.

And gets put in a hyperbaric chamber for 72 minutes.

During the winter, the road access to the site washed away in a storm.

Finished the extras dvd on the Snow White and the Huntsman thing.

When reading the reviews on imdb, I often wonder if the reviewers have watched the same film as I just did.

TFBSZ.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 March 2019, 23:53.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Unusually I have two dvds.

They don't have the same number.

One set is a mere 200 minutes, the other is 4 hours 42 minutes.
        That's the two versions I have. The first one is the cinema version edited down from the TV series; the second is the whole shebang from TV stitched into one absolutely humongous film

Tonight's entertainment was Nightcrawler (2014), in which Jake Gyllenhaal plays a petty crook and distinctly creepy person who discovers that there's a living to be made in LA as a freelance cameraman, using a police scanner to find out and get to the location of accidents, fires, and violent crimes so as to film the victims, preferably with much gore. As you might expect, his new career doesn't do anything to reduce his level of creepiness or develop his moral sense. Dark stuff, but very good.

And then a bit more of The West Wing.

Goodnight all

Comment

Dark.

Dank.

Dire.

Dreary.

Drizzly.

Wet.

Coldish.

Depressing.

The weather's unborked itself.

That's the two versions I have. The first one is the cinema version edited down from the TV series; the second is the whole shebang from TV stitched into one absolutely humongous film
          282 minutes.

Apparently there's also a 300 minute version.

Alles ist klar.

The lamb it is aroasting, along with the stuffed heart.

Intermittently listening to Ambridge, various bits tend to get turned off due to a) lack of interest or b) extreme irritation.

Here's a couple of classic Millennial reviews:

Das Boot (1981) - Das Boot (1981) - User Reviews - IMDb

Stone me.

Do these people appreciate nothing?
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 March 2019, 11:26.

Comment

morning all

dull and grey in soggy sarf herts.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey out, though the rain seems to be petering out now

Comment

Three <yes, three> sausage rolls for lunch

oink oink

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  Three <yes, three> sausage rolls for lunch

oink oink

By the way, the thing that shows which page you're on is back, accompanied by various other tweaks

Comment

By the way, the thing that shows which page you're on is back, accompanied by various other tweaks
                    However, the database fix - which Works On My (Virtual) Machine - doesn't Work On Admin's Machine

Good job the placeholder thing is basically finished for now, as I expect the rest of the day will involve trying to work out what's going on with that

Comment

The roast lamb with added lamb's heart was Very Nice.

The Sunday shop in Tesco & Morrisons is done, dusted, and put away.

The reading of the book "Intercept" by Gordon Corera is ongoing.

We've got as far as RSA now.

The wind is rising & it's not just the sprouts.

And the thing that tells you where the feck you are in the thread is back.

And I've managed to find the little briefcasey type thing that I haven't used in 15 years so I can put stuff in that instead of a carrier bag when I go to Cardiff tomorrow.

It might look a little more impressive than a Morrisons carrier, if not by much.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 March 2019, 16:08.

Comment

Working...
                      X