• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Ta I realised after posting it, this stuff is seriously boring!
    good drivel though !!
    Married

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Lunch, a while back now, was the last of the cold southern "fried" chicken bits plus a bag of plain crisps

After which I accidentally went down the rabbit hole of the history of debugging tools on Unix in the 1970s, as I was annoyed by somebody quoting Kernighan's "The most effective debugging tool is still careful thought, coupled with judiciously placed print statements" without mentioning that it's from 1979, which is a bit like quoting someone talking about the limitations of the Blériot monoplane as if you're making some valid point about the Tornado GR4

Resultant thread on ThreadReader, to save you having to visit Twitter: Thread by @NickFitz: Some people quote Kernighan’s “The most effective debugging tool is still careful thought, coupled with judiciously placed print statements”… ("willingly" about halfway down should be "will only" - autocorrect, etc.)
      It's a right bitch doing that when all you've got is a 16x1 LCD.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Much progress appears to have been made on the unruly bush. About a third shorn and tidied it would seem. The shredder is certainly working wonders.

Comment

That cheap E cigarette I brought at local shop (Dot Pro vape kit) is brill! Takes over me whole body, can feel it in me legs. Better not use it too much, I'll get addicted!

Why do little rural villages never have opium Dens? A few brothels would be nice too!
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Much progress appears to have been made on the unruly bush
            Got one next to me drive that needs cutting yet again! Grows like mad. I could run over somebody on the pavement when backing out cos I can't see.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I'm sure I will have seen this first time around but am currently watching BBC iPlayer - The Beauty of Diagrams - 1. Vitruvian Man

Comment

Quite a pleasant evening out there now, though the cloud seems to be closing in a little to the west. But the weather app has given up claiming there'll be a storm this evening and is now pretending it meant tomorrow afternoon all along

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

The grey cloud bank in the west has now moved here, occupying the south and east while there's still the last light of sunset coming from the west, giving everything a really cool ominous kind of look

Quite breezy too. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it does suddenly start raining.

Comment

Binge watching the Salisbury Poisonings
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Quite breezy too. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it does suddenly start raining.
                      Popped out the back and, of course, it immediately arrived

It missed a trick though, as I'm back in now and it's turned positively torrential but just too late to get me

Comment

Working...
                      X