• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All washing done this afternoon. Happiness is an empty wash basket!

Dinner is the turkey curry HWMBO made on Monday afternoon. He's done rice and salad to accompany it and my task is to not burn the parathas under the grill.

Doctor Who will be watched in Glasgow this weekend. Was watching foodie programmes on YouTube and now watching Christmas University Challenge.
    Last edited by ladymuck; 1 January 2020, 20:50.

Comment

He did three salads! Carrot and cumin, tomato and herb, and lightly dressed lettuce.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        He did three salads! Carrot and cumin, tomato and herb, and lightly dressed lettuce.
        How do you dress a lettuce? Just askin' like.

Found an odd black stone on the walk this morning.

A black stone with white fossils therein.

Turns out there used to be quarries in Pembroke producing what was called Welsh Black Marble "snowdrop marble", a form of black limestone with white fossils embedded in it.

Dunno if this bit of rock is of the same type but it looks odd enough.

https://museum.wales/media/45230/Newsletter_14b.pdf

Now watching "The Ipcress File" mainly because it's on right now on BBC4.

Seems like a lifetime since I watched it in the Windsor cinema in Neath.

In other other news I've just discovered there's a coal field on Anglesey.

Who'd have thunk it?

About 10 miles long.

Record details |[South of Holyhead Island and of Anglesey, Caernarvon. Coal Measures.]| BGS maps portal | OpenGeoscience | Our data | British Geological Survey (BGS)
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 January 2020, 21:10.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tea tonight has been a roast chicken dinner, starring one of those big corn-fed chickens. Absolutely lovely it was

I predict more soup-making this weekend

Comment

Tea was the roast beef with carrots & onions thing which was nice enough, the beef having festered in the freezer for a month or more.

Rounded off with a Morrisons individual Xmas pud with custard and 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

About halfway through the Ipcress File I had a sudden desire for a beetroot sarnie so I had one not being a chap who believes in delayed gratification.

The documentary about Michael Caine was good, especially the bit with Terry Wogan.

I miss Terry Wogan.

Comment

Oh. One of those 00 things.

Who'd have thunk it?

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                Tea was the roast beef with carrots & onions thing which was nice enough, the beef having festered in the freezer for a month or more.

Rounded off with a Morrisons individual Xmas pud with custard and 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

About halfway through the Ipcress File I had a sudden desire for a beetroot sarnie so I had one not being a chap who believes in delayed gratification.

The documentary about Michael Caine was good, especially the bit with Terry Wogan.

I miss Terry Wogan.
                Terry Wogan is indeed sorely missed.

Comment

I hope this isn't over hyped twaddle and the upcoming series is that good.

Dracula review – a blood-sucking delight that leaves you thirsty for more | Television & radio | The Guardian

Comment

No telly tonight, other than some traffic police thing as mindless entertainment while I ate

Instead, I read a few more chapters of Bad Blood.

And now, an early night

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      I misread that as lightly pressed lettuce

Comment

Working...
                      X