• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ah, another christmas victim to the commercial demons

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

As the contents of the kitchen bin couldn’t be squashed down any more (well, they could, but immediately sprang back to full) I’ve been out to the bins. Very windy out there tonight

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      used 50/50 beef to pork mince, as a little experiment.
      very tasty indeed.
      There’s a bit about that in Goodfellas when they’re cooking dinner in their suite in prison; something like “There’s three kinds of meat in it, beef, veal, and pork.” “The pork, that’s your flavour.”

Comment

I solved that by not buying anything.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I was buying safety boots for an airside visit to look at deicing rigs

Comment

Watched Episode 2 of BBC Four - Charles I: Killing a King. Can't help but think all the floppy haired men in it look like Lawrence Lewellyn Bowen.

The era that haircuts forgot.

Also looked through the photos I took at the NYE wedding HWMBO and I attended. I am mightily disappointed with them but then I'm not a great photographer. Hopefully the fella took some nice ones. I guess it's the risk you take when you ask friends to take the photos...

Comment

Chap I worked with at Ye Sloughe of Desponde has a photography business.

Apparently some customers expect photography to continue in the marriage bedroom.

The evening's entertainment was "Last Action Hero" with that Arnie chap.

I really like it though it bombed at the box office back in the day.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

WNFS

+1

go on Brillo pace yourself
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Chap I worked with at Ye Sloughe of Desponde has a photography business.

Apparently some customers expect photography to continue in the marriage bedroom.

The evening's entertainment was "Last Action Hero" with that Arnie chap.

I really like it though it bombed at the box office back in the day.

oh?

have to ask Mrs V she does the occasional wedding as photographer. She never mentioned it.

love it when Arnie takes the mick out of himself.

Miss V2 & Mrs V saw 9-5 with that Mr Hoff, apparently it was hilarious.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Watched Episode 2 of BBC Four - Charles I: Killing a King. Can't help but think all the floppy haired men in it look like Lawrence Lewellyn Bowen.
                    I was out the front of Capital Radio on Leicester Square one day when I was contracting there in 2008, when a Virgin Motorcycle Taxi came across the square from the southwest corner and stopped right next to me. The passenger, whose trench coat had been billowing out behind as they travelled, dismounted and removed his helmet, revealing himself to be the very same Llewellyn Bowen. I found out later he was there finalising his contract to do a Sunday show on Classic FM. Dunno how his rate compared to mine

You used to get all sorts in that place, or on the square outside

After a largely unproductive day/evening wrestling with converting OpenStreetMap XML to GeoJSON in some vaguely usable way, I fancied watching some telly tonight, but I wasn’t sure what; the various series I’m in the middle of are all a bit bleak, and I wanted something lighter. Then I remembered that I’d watched the first episode of Amazon’s TV version of the excellent film Hanna a while back (last May, in fact), but hadn’t continued. So I went back and rewatched the first one then watched the second, Forest and Friend, both of which I really enjoyed this time around. Very entertaining stuff, and I shall continue with it as long as it continues be so

Goodnight all

Comment

Ground was damp but no active precipitation as I walked to the tube station. Unseasonably warm, 12 degrees apparently, and hints of sky poking through the high cloud.

Judging by the woolly hats and blanket-sized scarves on some people I walked past, I seem to be in the minority over the warmth this time of year.

Comment

Working...
                      X