• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight's film was Adrift (2018), based on the true story of Richard Sharp and Tami Oldham, who were sailing across the Pacific when they were hit by a hurricane which left their boat in extremely bad nick. Very good I thought - the film, that is, not what happened to them.

A lot more dialogue in it than Robert Redford's All Is Lost, mind, though that's hardly surprising given that the latter has about three lines in the entire film, and nobody answers so it isn't even a dialogue.

Early night now ahead of both the Toyota and I going for tests in the morning - MOT and blood respectively

Goodnight all

Comment

Ditto on the Bloods this morning...Lady Vampire @ 08h45
      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Morning.

Greyish with high overcast.

Dry.

Not windy.

Coolish.

No current precipitation.

Cat hammering on the back door to be fed when I arose, rather later than he expected.

Off to Cardiff to see a leech and to have lunch with Strangelove Sis.

I assume I'll be able to find the place.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning

Wind has died down in Manchester and all seems okay

Happy Mondays!

Comment

Morning all. A bit wet yesterday, but hints of sunshine this morning.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start; it's not really warmed up yet, but I daresay it'll get there

Blood has been extracted, so now I'm off to the MOT place with the car. And a visit to Greggs on the walk back

Comment

Car dropped off, Greggs visited

And I remembered to check the tyre pressures before setting off, as it seems that's part of the MOT now

Comment

More than a touch of last-week-itis here. Trying hard to look busy and productive with not a lot to do and having reached the stage where I'm routinely cut out of email conversations.

Luckily the office is very quiet on a Monday as most of the consultancy types are up Tues-Thurs. That means it's mostly me and the end client and they're a bit less guarded with what they say out loud to each other in the office.

Looking forward to a week off next week, and I have four days in a Landmark with the family Fri 15th to Mon 18th. That'll be a nice break away from it all.

Comment

Links are up

And the Toyota passengers its MOT

Need to walk back up and collect it now

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Links are up

And the Toyota passengers its MOT

Need to walk back up and collect it now
                      Have a

Comment

Working...