• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    If only I had a still, it would be a bit more potent.

As for forgetting them, they were in my workshop with various (important) pieces of wood (set aside for when they will be needed,) sitting on top of the boxes
    THE BLUE FLAME - ALCOHOL - FEATURES - EXPATS.org.uk

there ye go

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      If only I had a still, it would be a bit more potent.

As for forgetting them, they were in my workshop with various (important) pieces of wood (set aside for when they will be needed,) sitting on top of the boxes
      THE BLUE FLAME - ALCOHOL - FEATURES - EXPATS.org.uk

there ye go

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        This is more what I had in mind...
        5 L Split Top Rotating Column Alembic Still Premium

(If The Wife (tm) is reading this, here’s a birthday present hint)
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Once the liver has died completely, it no longer releases the enzymes the the LFT detects.

However, if that were the case, I suspect you'd be looking rather yellow.

So I'd take it as a green light to carry on as before.
          That's the plan!

Tonight's repast has been chicken in red wine sauce (out of the freezer, from January) with chips and petits pois. Exceedingly nice, it was

Comment

Dinner/tea this evening was M&S battered haddock, largely because they didn't have any breaded and thusly that's what I bought a fortnight ago, and bought again this afternoon.

It makes a pleasant change from breaded.

The mandatory two passes of assorted fabric through the WM & the TD have happened, leaving only the cottons to deal with tomorrow morning.

The evening's entertainment was provided by "True Lies" with a very foxy looking Jamie Lee Curtis and a remarkably young looking Arnold, with Art Malik as a Naughty Person in the sight of almost everyone.

1994 is a loooooong time ago.

Ms Curtis was looking quite splendid.

True Lies (1994) - IMDb

Though the silver vixen look she had in NCIS a couple of seasons ago is just as sexy.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

This evening's first feature was Kill Bill: Vol. 2 (2004) being, as implied by the name, the rest of Kill Bill: Vol 1 from the other night. Good fun

And after that, a movie premiere chez moi: Breaking In (2018), in which a woman and her children go to her estranged, deceased, and crooked father's house out in the woods, only to find that some very nasty crooks in search of the father's hidden fortune have arrived at the same time; the kids are quickly captured, and the mother battles to save them from the outside. All in all, it's like an inside-out version of the very good Panic Room. It trots out a large number of the standard tropes for such situations and there are a number of fairly obvious holes in the plot, but despite being pretty formulaic it manages to develop a character of its own. Maybe wait until it's in the bargain bin, but it's an enjoyable example of the genre even though it's never going to get any awards for Most Contrary To Expectations.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Sunny (now, it was raining earlier).

Windy.

Bracing.

Pleasant enough.

1st pass ongoing in the WM, 20 minutes to go.

Saturday morning shop & dvd browsing done.

Chap I know down the road was found dead in bed after at least a week.

That explains why I haven't seen him recently, poor sod.

Ho hum.

Sick transits on glorious Mondays, as it were.

He should never have traded that Volvo for a Mini.

Comment

Very good, but did you do that by accident when pissed out of your brain like I did a fortnight ago.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out

But very windy and a tad chilly, judging by the blast that came in when I opened the kitchen window

And the weather forecast is threatening snow overnight

Comment

A vert wet and windy dog walk earlier. 40+mph gusts (according to the weather station) and sleet as well. Dog was ok, she just trotted along the the lee of the hedges. I looked like I'd been dragged through them.
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X