• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    I thought the memory was soldered in?

Not that I'm about to alter anything.
    Not on the 1000H model.

oh, - morning all

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out

Might leave the shopping until this evening, if only because it gives me an excuse to go to the chip shop on the way back

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        And is this televisual epic providing Sir with satisfaction?
        It is indeed

Comment

Morning all.

Simpsonsesque here this morning.

Comment

Monday marks seven months as a permie. I think I need to cut this tulip out and go back to contracting.

It's easygoing as anything I've ever done, but we don't get much done, work moves at a glacial pace and the commute is usually 90 minutes each way. Traffic in and out of Leicester is some of the worst I've ever encountered.

Perhaps I'll give it a couple of months to enjoy the sunshine and build up a warchest and then put notice in. Sadly it's the usual 3-month notice period so I'd need to ride that out and do the usual trick of picking up a new contract in the last week.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
              …the commute is usually 90 minutes each way. Traffic in and out of Leicester is some of the worst I've ever encountered.
              Coming from the south and west, the problem is that there's only four ways over the river from the Fosse Way. One of them is basically in the town centre, the next one down might as well be, and the third ends up in a narrow residential lane with speed bumps. The Romans really didn't think this through

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Coming from the south and west, the problem is that there's only four ways over the river from the Fosse Way. One of them is basically in the town centre, the next one down might as well be, and the third ends up in a narrow residential lane with speed bumps. The Romans really didn't think this through
                Yes, it's all a bit awkward!

From my POV coming from Nottingham I either have the A46, the A6 or the M1. One of these is a long trawl through Lboro, one is OK until you get to the Hobby Horse (then it's a crawl down Melton Road or go round to a crawl down Abbey Lane. Having Loughborough Road closed shafts both of them) and the M1 is chronic with the 50 limit, roadworks and associated fun. You pays your money and takes your choice!

What did the Romans ever do for us anyway?

Comment

Wine?

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                    Wine?
                    Don't mind if I do, cheers. Leave the bottle.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                      Yes, it's all a bit awkward!

From my POV coming from Nottingham I either have the A46, the A6 or the M1. One of these is a long trawl through Lboro, one is OK until you get to the Hobby Horse (then it's a crawl down Melton Road or go round to a crawl down Abbey Lane. Having Loughborough Road closed shafts both of them) and the M1 is chronic with the 50 limit, roadworks and associated fun. You pays your money and takes your choice!

What did the Romans ever do for us anyway?
                      The M1-J22-A50 route has one of the only combined red light and speed cameras in the city, and degenerates rapidly once you get near Blackbird Road, after which once again there's the problem of the only route over the river leading straight into the busiest part of the town centre network. So that's rubbish too

Comment

Working...
                      X