• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Dull, damp although might be brightening up. Currently 19 degrees with a high of 21 expected. The rain seems to have stopped but it will remain cloudy. Barometer down to 1012 mBar.

Was awoken by rain at about 4.30 am. Which reminded me I'd forgotten to take the washed duvet cover out of the washing machine so that vexed me for a good while, albeit not enough to warrant doing anything about it at that hour. On waking this morning, I couldn't face doing any work or attending stand up so I gave my apologies and had a lie in.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Lunch was a ham bap (white) with a bag of plain crisps

It stopped raining here, and even brightened up a little. But now it's brightened down again and is raining again. But the wind has got up too, so at least the rain is travelling at an interesting angle rather than just going straight down

Comment

Cheese and ham toastie for lunch.

Despite neither being forecast, there has been intermittent sunshine and rain.

Comment

I just spent two hours with a worsening headache.

Then it rained and headache gone.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Tea: pork cutlet with chips, peas and gravy

It's cleared up quite a bit outside now, making for a rather Simpsonesque evening

Comment

Dinner was a take away from Wing Stop. It was a bit meh.

Ents has been Amazing Hotels S5E2, Good Omens S2E5 and Trucking Hell S7E5.

Comment

The opal hunters featured this evening were all making discoveries that could save their seasons, though the ones who found around AUS$80,000-worth saved theirs by a lot more than the others managed

And later, a new Police Interceptors just to pass the time

Early night now. Tired again

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start out, though it'll cloud over later in the morning. It's a mellow 14°C at the moment, rising to 22° later, and the barometers are heading back up at 1002/1010mB

The first wave of bin folk passed through at around 7:15. Not sure if that's recycling or general waste. Still, bin day is always cause for celebration, whichever ones get done first

Comment

Morning.

Tuesday.

Damp.

Sunny.

Blue sky in parts.

Cool in here at 20.3 deg, 22 deg in the kitchen, 19.5 deg in the leanto, 18.7 deg in the salting house.

1010 mBar, 29.825 in Hg, 757.56 Torr, 14.6788 psi, (up from 1007 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 76% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 3rd of July 2019 covbob was losing the will to live 90 minutes into a conference call whereas WTFH was wondering if they both worked at the same place, I was repairing an IBM XT with a shorted tantalum capacitor on the motherboard and a dying 10Mb hard disk, Diver wondered if it would run MSDOS 6.2 (which it would, slowly).

Last night's dream was Yet Another where I'm working somewhere* without enough to do. And I was asked to work overtime and said "No fecking way". I was glad to wake up.

*It appeared very much like AB Electronics or somesuch AB direness. Made a change from other direness I recall dreaming about.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. 34 bus out, 38 bus back. It rained, but not on me.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, yellow corner yog, bramble jellly & marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.56 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about heatpumps & the like. It went <click>. TWATO.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. Forgot the eggs.

Freecell score: 86%, running average: 86%. Ho hum.

Tea: Brains faggots with peas, some pear halves, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Colonel March of Scotland Yard: the lost ball one.

Scotland Yard (1956) Person Unknown. George Pravda and Bill Nagy in this one. Polish quarry foreman killed in explosion. He's some sort of spy having escaped from the People's democratic republic by stealing a plane with his mate.

Joy of Painting. The was interrupted by someone posting something through the letter box. Surreal sort of landscape painting.

Joy of Painting. A barn & a shed.

The Human Jungle 1964 S2 E10 "Ring of Hate". With William Gotell, Dudley Sutton, Bernard Lee and Francis Matthews. Oh, and Val Doonican.

Two shots of Laphroaig whiskey interspersed with a free bottle of Newcastle Brown (well it was there and needed drinking). Nothing wrong with solitary drinking. Honest.

Maigret's Patience. 1993 S3 E3.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 August 2023, 08:51.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X