• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well there's a sight I don't often see - properly vertical rain. No breeze to waft it to a jaunty angle.

Comment

Lunch: sardine toasties, the sardines being of the species that has tomato sauce for its habitat

Comment

A space appeared for me to move my car into.

I've been offered a contract extension (contract doesn't end until 9 December).

Lizzy Lettuce wins out.

All in all a good day so far.

Comment

Afternoon all

METAR EGFF 201420Z AUTO 14006KT 9999 NCD 16/14 Q1004

Bit of a crappy start with the weather this morning but it's quite pleasant now. Most of the day has been spent trying to explain to a keen Indian colleague WTF is happening with the Government-clusterfluck

Nevermind, it's curry for tea tonight so there's that to look forward to.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Lizzy Lettuce wins out.
            If the Daily Star front page tomorrow isn't a pic of Truss outside No 10, under the headline "Lettuce Leave", then I'll cancel my subscription.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I was going to pop down to Sainsbury's but then I spotted the traffic outside - turns out they're doing the football tonight

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                A space appeared for me to move my car into.

I've been offered a contract extension (contract doesn't end until 9 December).

Lizzy Lettuce wins out.

All in all a good day so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                  Most of the day has been spent trying to explain to a keen Indian colleague WTF is happening with the Government-clusterfluck
                  If you manage to work it out, could you let the rest of the nation know - particularly the Conservative Party

Comment

More stuff from the solicitor. It seems as if we're getting close to exchange of contracts, assuming the few outstanding queries are satisfactorily answered. As they're just things like confirmation that the money isn't being sent offshore to the Russian mafia and that the seller is who they say they are, I don't suppose they'll take long. Exciting times!

Comment

Tomorrow's chariot was delivered shortly after 6pm (the delivery slot being 5-6pm and it was only coming from Park Royal).

HWMBO made guinea fowl, bacon enhanced sprouts and olive oil enhanced crushed potatoes. Washed down with a 2017 Joseph Drouhin Aloxe-Corton that I found in the rack.

Ents was Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters (2013).

Comment

Working...
                      X