• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Dark. Damp, light rain falling. Currently 11 degrees with a high of 12 forecast. Rain due all day. Barometer down to 1007 mBar.

Coffee being had then I'm off to meet a friend at a hotel near City airport for brunch. Then she heads back to Ireland and I head up to Glasgow.

Weather in Glasgow is 4 degrees with a high of 6, raining.

Comment

Morning all
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Watching Skin A&E on My5. I'm guessing it's the UK version of Dr Pimplepopper or whatever it is that DrS used to watch.
        Yup. I rather prefer "The Bad Skin Clinic" which is rather up market, seeing as the early series are set in Harley Street. .

Morning.

Wet. Depressingly Wet. Otter's pocket wet & no sign it will improve wet.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 12.2 deg, 12 deg in the kitchen, 11 deg in the leanto.

995 and a bit mBar, 29.391192 in Hg, 746.536 Torr, 14.435606 psi, (down from 1005 last night), 70% RH (GDR hair), 69% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 2nd of March 2019 the weather was much the same, wet, chilly, sunless & grey, while NF had croissants with strawberry jam for breakfast while he prepared for a later appointment.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on the last of the Morrisons wholemeal sunflower & spelt toasted crust, bramble jelly and marmalade on 3 slices of toasted same, red corner yog, 0.91*1.64 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: the thing about gurus on R4: today's: crypto.

After discovering the 37W D connector for external floppy drives on the ancient XT, I had a nagging feeling that I'd seen that connector somewhere else: and lo! an ancient (but not quite so ancient) external floppy that I used on an Einstein back in the day proved to have the male version of that very 37W D connector. Who'd have thunk?

Barometer fell to 992 mBar, now it's up slightly at 992 and a bit mBar.

Rained stopped.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked.

River of water flowing down the hill from the usual under the road drain that can't cope.

The overflow of the leat is doing a good job of eroding the bank at the moment. Should get inneresting soon. Only just about jumpable as it is.

Tea: meatballs with rice n peas, some pear halves, two yogs (past BBE), 0.91*1.69 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: STOS S1 E19 "Tomorrow is Yesterday": the "let's go back to the 1960s without a police box" one. (Not the Gary 7 one and not the City on the Edge of Forever one either).

STNG S3 E5 "The Bonding". The dead planet dead undead archaeologist one.

The Bad Skin Clinic S3 E12: lady with pyoderma gangrenosum: Stone me it's the first time the doctor's treated this: lasers and steroid injections, surgical removal of the scars, lady with acne: ditto, the lady from Northern Ireland with keloids on her buttocks from a couple of years ago: more treatment now she's recovered from the first session under GA: nice result.

Skin A&E S4 E12. The usual selectrion of lipomas. A chap with neurofibromatosis. A couple of cysts. A lady with rosacea.

Made in the 1980s: The decade that shaped our world Part 1: Oddly this is on More4, whilst I watched a similarly entitled epic on 5 back in October. .
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 December 2022, 22:28.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Another grey day with occasional showers, but mild enough for the time of year at 9°C, soaring to 11° later. The barometers have dropped sharply to 984/992mB

Comment

Lunch has been pigs in blankets in finger rolls. Almost got through them all now; just one pack left to cook

Comment

Just paid my first visit to the bins here. 10/10, would deposit bags of kitchen waste there again

Comment

Tea has been a bowl of scouse. Sainsbury's didn't have any bloomers when I was there last night so I got a "well-fired loaf" instead and had a big chunk of that with it. All very nice

Comment

A Lemsip beside me and it’s TFBSZ

Comment

No real viewing during the day today, but the final episode of the BBC's Fresh Cops thing about our local constabulary accompanied dinner

And then E6, E7, and the finale E8 of WeCrashed. Good stuff, that

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Working...
                      X