• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch: Scotch broth with wholemeal bread

The overcast has turned into clumps of cotton wool now, making things a bit more scenic

Comment

The beach was walked, lots of fossils gathered, and I bumped into someone who I only know from his posts on Twitter.

Then into the garden, which now has 3 less hazel trees and 2 less elders, along with starting to prune the buddlelabra (a buddleja shaped like a candelabra)
      Also moved half a pile of stones from what will soon be a wildflower garden, and created a new pile of stones, that will, undoubtedly, need to be moved again.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Nice gibbous moon ascending over the block opposite

It had clouds chasing across it not long ago, but it seems to have hit a clear patch now.

Meanwhile, back on Earth, I popped over to the new flat whence I carried away two large boxes and two bags representing almost everything that was still to come out of the kitchen - well, everything culinary; there's assorted other bits such as some DIY stuff that were stored in there for want of anywhere else to put them, but they'll need their own trip and will probably end up in either the garage or the storeroom. Once they're done, I can just sweep everything that remains into a bag and sling it in the bin or take it to the tip. And then I can get that room cleaned up. Probably two or three more trips.

And as I've decided it should be policy now never to go there without bringing some of the remaining books, I also brought a small box, filled from one of the medium-sized boxes that still remain there but which are a bit too heavy to be carted all the way downstairs and out the back with my knee in its current state

Assorted other stuff needs to come over too, but can wait until my remaining Ikea delivery comes next week. And I need to be pretty brutal about throwing out stuff that's still in the box it was in when I moved there over eighteen years ago, as it's clearly of little day-to-day value

Upon returning, my Amazon stuff had been delivered, including the power block for the study. So I fired up the iMac, and of course it turned out the keyboard and mouse both had flat batteries. So I had to work out which box I'd put the USB leads and the backup touchpad in and log in that way. But it all seems to be working happily now, so I'm ready for business

But with all that done, I've rewarded myself with a cup of coffee and some biscuits (McVitie's Fruit Shortcake)

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          The beach was walked, lots of fossils gathered, and I bumped into someone who I only know from his posts on Twitter.
          It wasn't Tom Cox was it? He's down your corner of the island and is known for wandering around on beaches, in woods, and so on

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

It wasn't Tom Cox was it? He's down your corner of the island and is known for wandering around on beaches, in woods, and so on
            No, Ian O’Neill
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

No, Ian O’Neill
              Ah, I don't follow him AFAIK

Comment

Tea: oniony chicken casserole with chips and peas

Comment

Looked up that Tom Cox, looked quite inneresting, sorta odd stuff I like. Ordered Help the Witch.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Looked up that Tom Cox, looked quite inneresting, sorta odd stuff I like. Ordered Help the Witch.
                    He's good

Comment

My brother had fun getting my Mum to an appointment this afternoon. She insisted she didn't need him to go into the surgery with her for her B12 jab. After half an hour he checks in and discovered that she never told reception she was there, just walked in and sat down. So, she missed her appointment. My brother managed to get her seen and jabbed. And to think I considered arranging a taxi to take her there.

Felt a bit off colour all day, had a lunchtime nap and am now contemplating an early night.

I have, however, watched E1 of The Repair Shop and E1 of 24 Hours in A&E - that ankle . Listened to a couple of episodes of Just A Minute before deciding I'd had enough entertainment.

HWMBO said the darts final was an excellent match.

Comment

Working...
                      X