• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post arrived, including one of those threatening "Will you be at home on {date}?" letters to "The Legal Occupier" from the TV Licence people. I didn't even bother opening it; I know what it is because there's at least two newly-discarded ones lying in the hall at the old place every couple of weeks (Flats 1 and 5 being repeat offenders)

Turns out the change-of-address bit on their site is very straightforward, even though it looks like the design hasn't been updated in at least ten years. So I've saved them the trouble of popping round only to be told that no, they can't come in

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      How do you ignore a single poster?
      Much more tedious than it used to be, trust me on that: no more clicking on the oik's name & clicking ignore the way it used to be.

https://forums.contractoruk.com/help...account_ignore

Meanwhile on the 11th of April 2019, Brillo was still celebrating his pali and nothing else happened.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Post arrived, including one of those threatening "Will you be at home on {date}?" letters to "The Legal Occupier" from the TV Licence people. I didn't even bother opening it; I know what it is because there's at least two newly-discarded ones lying in the hall at the old place every couple of weeks (Flats 1 and 5 being repeat offenders)

Turns out the change-of-address bit on their site is very straightforward, even though it looks like the design hasn't been updated in at least ten years. So I've saved them the trouble of popping round only to be told that no, they can't come in
        After my Dad died I had to change the name on the TV Licence to my Mum. A transfer of TV Licence requires the current holder to write in and give the details of the new licence holder. This being a tad difficult for my Dad, I ended up having to send a copy of his death certificate as evidence that he wasn't in a fit state to make the request himself. The gits didn't even acknowledge the letter but at least they did change the name.

Comment

Having not heard anything from The Office of the Public Guardian in a while ever, I thought I'd log in to see how my Mum's LPA application is progressing. Turns out it's been processed and a letter has been issued by second class post advising of the decision. I don't know when the letter was sent because that's useful information the website doesn't deign to share so the only date I have is 31 January which is the date at which I am allowed to contact them to say the decision letter hasn't been received.

It's only taken since 24 August. Definitely something I wish we'd discussed as a family and arranged when everyone was well.

Comment

Amazon having delivered a card (a fancy pop-up one with humming birds and flowers), it fell upon me to head out to the sorting office at the end of the Universe to ensure it arrives in time for my Mum's birthday. Said sorting office is even further away now; I must see if there's anywhere nearer. There used to be the central one by the station, which is about ten minutes' walk from here, but I think that's gone now.

Anyway, as it's on one of the possible routes back into the Alpha Quadrant, I then popped along to Sainsbury's and did as much shopping as seemed meet.

And then back via the old flat, where I retrieved assorted stuff: stationery, some clothes (which should probably go to recycling as I clearly don't use them much), and three of the remaining medium-sized boxes of books. My knees were willing to convey these to the car without grumbling noticeably, so I didn't have the palaver of splitting them across two smaller boxes and making six trips for them. My back was a bit less convinced, but decided to go along with the knees without too much complaint

Back here, a couple of crows were strutting around the lawn like they owned the place (which they may well do, given the vagaries of English property law), but have now cleared off and left it to four pigeons, while a fifth is keeping an eye out from one of the trees along the road side

And I am having a cup of coffee and some fruit shortcake biscuits

Comment

You need to find where the priority post boxes are - they are mainly located next to the local post office but can be anywhere where Businesses likely to send letters exist.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                You need to find where the priority post boxes are - they are mainly located next to the local post office but can be anywhere where Businesses likely to send letters exist.
                I thought they were just for sending covid tests, have they been retained into 'normal' times?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I thought they were just for sending covid tests, have they been retained into 'normal' times?
                  They have a collection time which isn't when we can be arsed anytime after 7am (which means we collect early to mid morning as we drop off the postman delivering in this area)
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    There's a few within a short walk of here, though not the closest one round the corner. But I think what I really need to do is set the annual reminder in my calendar to happen more than two days in advance, so I have plenty of time to get a card and get it in the post without having to rely on the late collection at the sorting office

Comment

Watching that oil rig programme last night reminded me of Fire in the Night, a book about Piper Alpha that I read a few years ago, and I realised I hadn't seen it when unpacking. I assumed this meant it was in one of the boxes still at the old place. Just now, I brought the boxes I fetched earlier in from the car (the rain having stopped), and in the first one I opened, the very first book that came to hand was that one. I like odd little coincidences like that

In other coincidence news, there's been a Honda Jazz parked in the spot nearest our front door ever since I moved here, which hasn't moved once. I was thinking yesterday that it would probably have a flat battery by the time they did come to move it. And as I went out to fetch the books, the owner was there with the bonnet up having just got it started

It ran a bit rough for a couple of minutes, as they will, but eventually settled down and off he went. So I've immediately moved my Corolla into that prime spec

Comment

Working...
                      X