• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tidying up my desk and got to the bottom of a pile of paperwork where there was a letter about an old pension plan. I'd written across the top "need to update address, can't remember password", which means it's been in the pile for over a year.
    Phoned them and one of the security questions was the address.

Turns out I must have guessed the password and got it changed last year.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Just got back from volunteery thing. Muddiest one I've ever done, putting in steps down a very slippery steep track.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Afternoon denizens

It's been a grey day but it's brightening up very slightly as the clouds turn from sheets to fluffiness. It's 11°C and the barometers are down at 985/993mB. Very windy and there might be showers soon

Comment

Much rain here. The conservatory is leaking in all the usual places

Comment

There's a nice rainbow out there now

Comment

Tea: spag bol; well nice

And lunch earlier was a ham and crisp bap

Comment

Printing shenanigans this evening.

For some reason my ageing printer could be connected to enough that windoze could tell what type it was and what driver it needed but not enough that it would actually print anything sent to it. The router said the printer was disconnected but I could access its web interface. I could even change the printer's IP and still connect to the web interface with the router refusing to acknowledge that anything with that IP existed. Much uninstalling and reinstalling commenced.

The troubleshooting button on the printer was not responsive so no tests or diagnostics could be run from it.

I then, in a fit of desperation, I enabled IPv6. This forced the printer to reset. The router then found the printer but still no printing. I turned off IPv6. The printer reset again, the router updated. So far, so good. I trotted upstairs and lo the troubleshooting button was once again responsive. I ran a network diagnostic which flashed up a result while I wasn't looking so I had to run it again. i only just caught the result the second time and I think it said all was ok. The clear DNS cache button was unresponsive.

Desktop PC in the office successfully printed a test page Laptop PC in the living room did not. That's a result I can live with.

At least printing functionality is restored and I don't have to (a) fathom how to get rid of the beast and (b) do a ton of research into a replacement.

Comment

The car earlier was a Land River Series III, and the gold diggers dug their gold.

Then I watched a thing on BBC4: Elizabeth I's Secret Agents

And then there was a new episode of Ambulance, and also a new episode of 24 Hours in A&E; and then an old episode of the latter, just for the fun of it

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Dry. Blue sky with occasional wispy bits and some fluff balls scurrying past. Currently 8 degrees ('feels like' 4) with a high of 10 expected. No rain forecast until late evening / early tomorrow morning. Barometer up to 1008 mbar.

TFIF! Have been tired all week and am so looking forward to a nice lie in tomorrow morning.

Comment

Morning all

Blue skies and windy out. Gardening to commence shortly.
                      I see from my iPad that it is Friday, so for those of you who have a 5 day job, TFIF, etc.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X