• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Friday.

Was dry, now raining (induced by pegging stuff out on the line).

Grey.

Wanly sunny in parts.

Chilly in here at 12.9 deg, 12 deg in the kitchen, 11 deg in the leanto.

1009 mBar, 29.7957 in Hg, 756.81224 Torr, 14.6343 psi, (up from 1000 last night), 73% RH (GDR hair), 68% RH (LIdl electric).

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Shirts in the WM.

Smalls in off the line & in the TD.

Meanwhile on the 13th of April 2019 NF had watched "Terminator Genisys" which I watched a couple of years later, while I was awaiting the delivery of roller towels from that Amazon place, and multiple dogs were feeling poorly.

Shirts out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

The TD went from 0:02 to go to 1:03, so the opportunity was taken to remove the peg that was bumping about inside it & restart, whereupon it thought 0:45 was adequate.

Cottons in the WM.

Smalls out of the TD (eventually) and airing upstairs.

Cottons out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Sun's out.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, red pippy corner yog, 0.91*1.57 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Shirts in off the line & into the TD to finish off.

Shirts out of the TD and iRoned, now airing upstairs, during which the rain returned.

Cottons in off the line & into the TD.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the wan sunshine & no rain.

Cottons out of the TD and iRoned where required, now airing upstairs over the banisters.

Entertainment: GQT.

The swampiness of the garage has decreased a little. Still can't figure the point of ingress.

Tea: battered haddock Couldn't face this again, thusly: Morrisons "Butcher's" sausages with bacon and onion gravy, nowhere near as nice as the cumberland but much better than more fecking fish, some peach slices (for want of anything else that appealed), a yog (ditto), 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S16 E13 1965 Dodge Coronet 500: with the modest 440 cu in V8 a drag race gearbox & torque converter, no power steering, no power brakes and a bonnet that had remarkable welding. Bought: $16k5, Total: $19490, Sold: $19k5. So they made $10 on that. . Added: hydraulic power steering box & pump, electric power brakes, normal torque converter & gearbox, steering wheel rather more appropriate to 1965 than the one they took off.

The Moody Blues: Days of Future Passed: 2017 50th anniversary concert in Toronto. Haven't listened to the Moody Blues in 40 years.

Looks like the last LP I bought of theirs was "Octave" in 1978.

Got bored with that, thusly: Dr Pimplepopper S3 E3: a chap with impressively gigantic cysts on his head, a chap with tuberous sclerosis, and a lady with nodularis prurigo (the itchy self inflicted thing).

DoFP back again for want of anything better. .

Tony Robinson Walking through History: Romans in the Lakes (District rather than drowning, like).

Whatever happened to The Likely Lads: S1 E12 "Boys night in": Bob's getting married. Oh Dear(tm). . 1973.

A curiously horrid programme on Quest about psychopaths. Best avoided.

The thing about things found in Ice on catchuup on Blaze: the mummified chap on the Mexico volcano, the Viking lava tube on Iceland (the country not the shop), the atom bomb lost in/over Canada when that B36 crashed and something else I can't remember.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 January 2023, 09:56.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Blue sky with lots of clumps of white fluffiness out. Currently 7°C and probably reaching 8° in a bit, and he barometers are up a bit at 993/1001mB. Bit of a shimmy on the conifers, and indeed on the upper level of the cedar tree beyond them, suggesting it's breezy again

Comment

Over to the old flat, whence I have carried away the last of the books and all my letterpress printing equipment. The latter is quite heavy, as one might expect given that much of it consists largely of lead

I don't think there's really too much more to come over now though. A few more trips and I reckon I'll be done

But I think I've now reached another one of those inflection points at this end where I need to sort out the stuff that's already here before bringing more across. So although I was thinking of making another trip over this afternoon, I shall probably stay here assembling Ikea stuff and putting things into it.

It's about time for some lunch before that, though. Carrying boxes of lead downstairs really helps one work up an appetite

Comment

Lunch: a fish finger bap, enhanced with a generous application of red sauce; being those Sainsbury's TTD chunky cod fish fingers, which are really nice

Comment

I decided to give ChatGPT a try on an old Open Uni essay question and it managed 543 words for a 1000 word essay.

Comment

One apple tree pruned to the level The WifeTM was happy with. I would have gone further.
              2nd tree started on, although the wind meant it was all hand cutting, no petrol tools.
              The pear trees have been done, as has the “found” apple tree, which we’ve no idea what it is, but maybe it will flower/fruit this year.
              Several brambles removed from a hedge before my shoulders decided they had had enough.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

…oh, and The DogTW has been walked
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

More Ikea assembly done, this time a 4x3 Kallax. This takes up the final bit of the long wall of the living room between the bookcases and the door to the balcony, with an inch or so to spare

I cut my hand opening one of the boxes, this being the riskiest part of assembling Ikea stuff. Could I find the new box of plasters I bought after doing the same thing a few weeks ago? Of course I couldn't, so I had to pop round to Sainsbury's Local and get some more

Comment

New home, new locations for stuff, every time you tidy up you change your mind where to put things. I'm still tinkering with some bits and pieces and I moved 6 months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      New home, new locations for stuff, every time you tidy up you change your mind where to put things. I'm still tinkering with some bits and pieces and I moved 6 months ago.
                      The box of plasters has, of course, now surfaced in the kitchen, and it was in a place I looked too

Comment

Working...
                      X