• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Got back from 5 day break on IOW with loony lady 1 yesterday. Grey and drizzly all the time and lots of things closed. I blame her, she booked it. Still, quite nice, and Carisbrooke Castle, the thing I most wanted to see, was open. Really great place, best castle I've been to.
    I bought my parents a lifetime membership to English Heritage for one of their big anniversaries (it's surprisingly good value, or was then) and one year they went to IOW and did that and Osborn House. Mum was a very happy bunny, said they were both fabulous places to visit.

Comment

Had a nice day thus far. Lie in, wander up to the high street, brunch, wander along the high street, bought a light jumper from the Trinity Hospice charity shop, went to the hairdresser, home.

Comment

Hmmm. Moral dilemma. Should I be having a Smirnoff vodka tonight?
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The item has already been bought, they already have your cash so you may as well drink it

Comment

The brand is owned by Diageo, so I don't see why not

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

The brand is owned by Diageo, so I don't see why not
                "Wodka from Varington".
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 March 2022, 21:39.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  In the Chinese
                  And very nice too

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

"Wodka from Varington".
                  Exactly

Comment

It’s The Wife’s uncle’s birthday tomorrow. He lives about a mile from a tip, and I’ve got a load of stuff to dump. No excuse not to visit him.

TFBSZ
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight's first major motion picture premiere was Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992), which is fairly true to the original novel in many respects, but does have a number of aspects in which, as usual, some filmmaker (Francis Ford Coppola in this case) thought they could and should "improve" it. IMHO the bits that are truest to the novel are better than the bits that were improved, but there we go; it's still pretty good

Next premiere was Event Horizon (1997) which is a strong shower in the category "spaceship which mysteriously disappeared has mysteriously reappeared; people who go to check it out regret doing so". Is it a spoiler if I say that there was a touch of Hellraiser about this one? If so, spoiler alert for what I just said

And then I thought I'd just watch the first episode of another of those ITV true crime things, this one being The Pembrokeshire Murders (TV Mini Series 2021) but, as usual, it was so good that I ended up watching the whole thing; three episodes in this case. I need to either stop starting watching these things late at night, or buy ITV and stop them making them so good

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X