• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon.

It has been raining. Just what the grass needs.

I went to the local tip and managed to get back just as the rain started and before it became heavy. The local tip has this weird booking system where you still have to queue if you go at the wrong time. I got there expected to be challenged but was completely ignored. Then when I got to the unloading point there were 4 other cars the entire time.

However I still got wet on my local supermarket walk. In the last couple of months a few homeless people have taken to begging outside it. They happen to be the noisy homeless who play music and fight it coincides with the closure and sale of the building of a local shelter.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Rain has been coming and going all day, but it had cleared up and was nice and Simpsonesque for the duration

There was a gloomy-looking bank of cloud approaching behind me as I got home, but I'm back now so it's too late

Comment

Tea has been chicken casserole, which was exceedingly nice

Accompanied by the rest of last night's Traffic Cops

The car earlier was a Jeep… Grand Wagonner? Something like that. It looked quite impressive once they'd finished

And then the cycling was happening again, so I finished the book about Aleister Crowley and Dion Fortune

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

That would explain it

Did you ask them to confirm it while you were on the bridge?
          No, the opportunity didn't arise, although I was entertained to see that their electronic charts look very much like vessel finder!

Comment

TFBSZ
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

No, the opportunity didn't arise, although I was entertained to see that their electronic charts look very much like vessel finder!
              Cool!

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

It's a lovely sunny morning, not a cloud to be seen. Currently 19 degrees with a high of 25 later.

We have arrived in Palma de Mallorca! Vessel Finder has our location correct on the map but is currently displaying that we will arrive 7 days ago . I'm sure that will correct itself soon enough.

Breakfast has been delivered and we're just checking out what to do here. Any suggestions are welcome, bearing in mind we need to be back on ship around 5pm.

Comment

We've just been informed that our all-aboard time is actually 11.30pm, which is much more useful.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start out, currently 11°C and 16° predicted for later, though with more cloud. The barometers are recovering from their slump at 1009/1017mB

Comment

We have arrived in Palma de Mallorca! Vessel Finder has our location correct on the map but is currently displaying that we will arrive 7 days ago . I'm sure that will correct itself soon enough.

Breakfast has been delivered and we're just checking out what to do here. Any suggestions are welcome, bearing in mind we need to be back on ship around 5pm.
                      We've just been informed that our all-aboard time is actually 11.30pm, which is much more useful.
                      That ship of yours does seem to be having time-telling issues at the moment! Maybe one of the bridge crew clicked the wrong button on Vessel Finder Pro and changed their date and time settings

Comment

Working...
                      X