• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A day of topless gardening has finished with a bit of a sun tan (thanks Heliocare), now TFBSZ, and a return to paid rest tomorrow for my body.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

I see clear blue sky out there this morning. It's currently 18 degrees with a high of 23 expected.

We have just arrived in Malaga, and I was awake in time to watch us do the final bit into port and park up. We'll be allowed off in about an hour once all the paperwork is done.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start again, currently 11°C and possibly reaching 21° later, albeit getting cloudier too. Barometers down somewhat though, at 1016/1024mB

Comment

Morning all
          CBS, etc, very pleasant walk without the need for long sleeves. Also saw my first red kite this year.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Chillyish at 17.2 deg in here.

1019 mBar, 30.09 in Hg, 764.3 Torr, 14.77 psi, (down from 1023 last night), 73% RH.

Monday.

Knackered after yesterday's exertions.

Telex machine gleaming with that lambent blue Cerenkov glow.

Walked (extended to the viewless point) walked in the warmish sunshine & closeness.

Twenty years ago one could see The Mumbles from said viewless point.

Was mildly innerested to see a Western Power Distribution generator artic in place whilst some work was being done on a substation.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, bramble jelly sandwich, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y until it became unbearable.

Windows cleaned, including the one of the stairs which required a ladder for the outside.

Hedges trimmed.

Entertainment: Discovering Sally Field.

Farscape S2 E4 "Crackers don't matter": includes the quote "Sorry John I can't do that". .

Pembroke farm rebuild thing.

Abandoned Engineering: Angel Island SF, Welsh dam in the Elan valley blown up in experiments for the bouncing bomb, Mexican aqueduct across the desert, the aqueduct of padre tembleque hydraulic system..

The Spy who died twice: John Stonehouse.

National Treasure: National Disgrace: the assorted celebrity kiddy fiddlers.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 May 2022, 21:31.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Malaga is much nicer than I expected. I thought it was all Brits on the piss and "fish and chips" but the parts we've visited have been very lovely

Comment

Lunch: the rest of the cold chicken thighs from the other day, with a bag of plain crisps

They're keeping me busy today, much against my will. Links will be along as soon as I have time

Comment

Links are, finally, up

And before that: walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Comment

Tea: pork chops (cooked in the Remoska) with chips and beans. Well tasty

Comment

The car earlier was a 1960s Dodge van, the same as a Commer van because it was a rebadged version thereof. Then, an odd situation where the gold diggers are on hold because of Italian bicycle racing but the Italian bicycle race had a rest day, so they had a program with the antiques bloke but instead of antiques he was restoring a Lotus Esprit. And that was followed by him again but this time doing the antiques, most of which I missed while cooking or didn't pay any attention to.

And then there were gold diggers, but a new season. Not sure if this is two or three years after the ones they've been repeating until the bicycle thing happened, as I don't know if they were able to dig during Covid lockdowns and so on.

And finally a peculiar program in which two chaps dressed like cowboys sought legendary lost gold in the formerly Wild West, though their supposed attempts at searching were extremely desultory and it seemed quite obvious that, like the inquisitors in Borges's Library of Babel, nobody expected to discover anything

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X