• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Antipodean Zoom call in the morning, so I'll be getting an early night tonight

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      We left Cádiz about an hour or so ago and are now en route to Gibraltar. I'm hoping to be awake for the passing through the Strait of Gibraltar.
      Not far now - oh wait, it's about 48 nautical miles so it probably is a bit of a while yet as you're doing ~8 knots
      Last edited by NickFitz; 7 May 2022, 22:30.

Comment

Apart from Monkey Life this afternoon, viewing has been more of the Gloucestershire police thing whilst dining, but that was it as I didn't really feel like watching anything

Goodnight all

Comment

A fairly unproductive day in the garden, although we tried a new gin - Mr Squid. V. Tasty.
          And I got rid of an invasive grass.
          And got rid of a lot of nettles
          And worked on the migrant house.

Now TFBSZ
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

^^^ Nettles? Wot about the butterflies? Good luck with the getting rid of invasive grass. .

Nettles are the food plant for the caterpillars of red admiral, small tortoiseshell, painted lady and comma butterflies.
            Horrid dream about some sort of journey to an interview for a contract somewhere down south. Most unpleasant. I was glad to wake up.

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Cool at 17 deg in here.

1025 mBar, in Hg, Torr, psi, (up from 1024 last night), 72% RH.

Sunday.

Entertainment: Broadcasting House, though it's about to go <click>.

In the end, it didn't go <click> since I was surfing the interweb and it proved distracting enough to reduce the irritation with said programme.

Naturally enough, the suggestion to stop using interweb connected telephony for interviews but rather use the preexisting telephonic infrastructure was relegated to the final 45 seconds of the programme.

Walk (unabbrevaited) walked in the intermittent sunshine/grey gloom of the morning.

Lunch: Morrisons "Best" cumberland sausages with onion gravy (said gravy was a very dark colour, I seem to be losing my touch in that regard though half incinerating the sausages probably didn't help), a red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: TWTW went <click> after the 10 minutes of actual news, as soon as the tedious analysis began.

GQT entertained for a while during the dishes.

Six lawns mown, feck me, I dunno what I seeded next door's with but it's the hardest of the lot to mow, there seems to be some equisetum invading it here & there.

Tea: lentil & ham soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower & spelt bread, a yog, a bramble jelly sandwich, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: POTW.

Thing about Chernobyl on More4, detailing some of the horrors that happen if you do stupid things with a nuclear reactor.

Part II next week.

The remainder of the evening was spent investigating the curious design of the control rods of the RBMK reactor.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 May 2022, 22:22.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                ^^^ Nettles? Wot about the butterflies?
                Don’t panic, it was only a section of them along a path, I’ve filled the garden waste bin, but it’s probably less than 5% of the nettles in the garden.

Comment

Morning denizens

Family Zoom call done

It's a sunny start out, currently 12°C with 17° expected later, and the barometers continue their upwards trend at 1022/1030mB

Feeling rather peckish now. Time for breakfast, I reckon

Comment

I see the Valiant Lady made it to Gib

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Feeling rather peckish now. Time for breakfast, I reckon
                      This issue was resolved through the tactical deployment of a couple of croissants with strawberry jam

Comment

Working...
                      X