• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

If that was the 18:55, you've arrived so you should probably get off the plane before they take you back again
    I have indeed arrived. I am now back at home. City is a good airport to arrive at, not so great for departing from.

Comment

In the weekly email newsletter from the V&A they happened to mention a new series of Secrets of the Museum is starting this Thursday on the BBC, should it be of any interest.

Comment

After work, I managed to cut the grass (Ranger 53 for the edges, ride on for the rest) then do a bit of woodwork in the workshop, then shifted a pile of stones, followed by cooking some very tasty fresh plaice that we bought at the weekend.
        Now TFBSZ
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Further viewing was a further episode of The Repair Shop. I was very impressed with that painting of Beirut by the Royal Signals chap; it cleaned up beautifully

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day again, supposedly a bit milder at 10°C with 13° due later, but it's a trap: the wind is making it "feel like" 7°

The barometers are down a little too, at 1000/1008mB

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

The world turned upside down, indeed!
                Ditto last night: after the drama doc about Feynman & the Challenger thing, the following progs about Science Fiction on BBC4 kept me up until 01:30.

Them next door returned home at about 01:10 having been stuck in Paddington for hours due to a fatality on the line.

Just as well I'd remembered to let the cat back in then.

Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

Wanly sunny.

Chilly in here at 13.3 deg.

1011 mBar, 29.85 in Hg, 758.3 Torr, 14.66 psi (unchanged from last night), 67% RH.

Tuesday.

TV Times purchased If the type they use to show the price got any smaller you'd need a microscope to read it.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom with occasional sunshine, and a few drops of rain.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: The "The oceans will boil" version of Y&Y on R4: this has returned to a full 55 minutes of tedium, the noon story having disappeared for some reason.

Freecell score: 67%, running average 84%.

Tea: Tesco battered cod, the last of the fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Vanessa Redgrave.

Farscape S1 E2 "I, ET": amusing enough, this is the first ep I watched back in ?1999?. Apparently shown as E7 on SciFi which accounts for the peculiar ep numbering on IMDB.

FBI S1 E? "Cops & Robbers". Amusing enough.

"Crucifixion": two bodies found with evidence of same. Not a fun way to go, all in all.

"Future of Work" E2 "Futureproof". The joys of the septic jobs market.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 April 2022, 22:58.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy and dull. Currently 12 degrees with a high of 14 expected. Barometer at 1011 mBar.

Was up early to get things prepped for today's migration. In doing the checks and updates, my system crashed and I've ended up with a lock on a table that I can't clear and it needs to be unlocked so I can update it. The team can work around that but I had a bit of a squeaky bum moment for a while. This has delayed the migration but it's only a 'top-up' of about 400 documents so it shouldn't affect the go-live timelines.

Comment

Lunch was the rest of the pâté from yesterday on seedy bloomer toast

After yesterday's experience of trying to bite quite crusty toast with half of a tooth missing, I cut it up into fairly narrow pieces so I could easily get it in one side of my mouth

Many meetings this morning, it being sprint transition day. Everybody else has gone into the office, but I was excused on the grounds of being far away. So a lot of time was wasted trying to get various bits of AV equipment working with whoever's laptop was being used to communicate with me

Lovely view of the Old Admiralty Building dome out of the window behind the presenter during one of them, though

Comment

Meetings finally over for the day

They're all going to the pub shortly. Might knock off early myself. It's brightened up a bit outside, so I could get my walk in

I'll probably dither around trying to work out this minor API authentication problem I've got instead though

Comment

Working...
                      X