• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea has been Southern not-fried chicken and fries, with lashings of ketchup

Comment

TFBSZ
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The car earlier was an Austin Healey 3000 Mk. III, and they did a very good job of fixing it up

And then the Italian bicycling was back so the telly went off and I started reading Aleister Crowley and Dion Fortune: The Logos of the Aeon and the Shakti of the Age, an interesting biographical study of the two magicians who lived their lives almost in parallel, both temporally and magically; they weren't really rivals, and each evinced a good deal of respect for the other's work, but the complete contrast between them in just about every respect makes for interesting reading.

Then a new Traffic Cops whilst dining, after which, back to the book

I see the Valiant Ladymuck is all at sea at the moment, and not due to reach its next port of call until Thursday morning; though the ship site claims it's going to Algeria, not Mallorca, so I'm not sure how reliable it is

Goodnight all

Comment

morning all

Early start here as it looks like it's going to rain, so we had a quick walk in the dry
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

It's a clear and sunny day out there. Not sure of the temps due to the ship not displaying local weather information but vessel finder says it's 18 degrees.

Talking of said site, it says we're en route to ESPDM which I have not successfully determined what that means. I hope it's not Algeria as NF says! We nonetheless appear to be heading in the direction I was expecting and are currently about 211 nm away.

We have been invited to do a bridge tour this morning where I will have to resist saying "aye, aye captain" and remember not behave like an overexcited school child.

Comment

Morning denizens

Rainy grey start here. Currently 12°C with a chance of 16° later, and the rain is expected to continue through the day, possibly easing off in mid-afternoon. Barometers are down again at 999/1007mB

As reported by the Ancient Mariner above, the Valiant Ladymuck has switched destination from Oran, Algeria to ESPDM, which is what it was showing before Algeria crept in there. The meaning of ESPDM remains unclear, as Googling it just returns press releases about a company's Electronic Smart Power Distribution Module for cars and lorries

Comment

Morning.

Wet. Very wet.

Dark.

Grey.

Sunless.

Cooler at 17.3 deg in here.

1003 mBar, 29.618 in Hg, 752.3 Torr, 14.547 psi, (down from 1009 last night), 73% RH.

Wednesday.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised & put away.

The rain returned just as I got back in the house. Which was good.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, bramble jelly sandwich, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: TWAO.

Shopping trip to Tesco done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised, & put away.

Overheated on the way back & ended up in a lather of sweat.

Entertainment: Money box: Long covid, what passes for the benefits system.

For some odd reason: a cup of coffee.

Minor potching on the door of the tin shed.

Tea: lamb's liver with onion gravy, some pear halves, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Denzel Washington (again).

Farscape S2 E6 "Picture if you will": another surreal magick picture one.

The last of the Pembroke farm cottage/water mill restoration thing with Griff Rhys Jones.

The Repair Shop: big wooden clock. TIG welding a toy car. The little dog in the kennel thing was rather clever. . Not a microcontroller or a microphone in sight. .

The Unexplained with Captain Kirk on Blaze. More UFO bollox.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 May 2022, 20:23.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I have come to the conclusion that ESPDM means España, Palma de Mallorca but why it's displayed that way and not the same as the other destinations remains a mystery.

Bridge tour in 10 mins!

Comment

Ok. So WTF is an "Alumni Member" of the congregation?

Just askin' like.

And shouldn't it be "Alumnus"?

Or something.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch: some leftover Chinese. But there really wasn't much of it, so I had a bag of crisps too

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      I have come to the conclusion that ESPDM means España, Palma de Mallorca but why it's displayed that way and not the same as the other destinations remains a mystery.
                      That would explain it

Did you ask them to confirm it while you were on the bridge?

Comment

Working...
                      X