• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Maybe it's only taxed for the summer. It's doing about a 1000 miles a year.
    Could be; not the kind of car you'd want to be taking out in gritty slush

Back in 2007 or 2008 I was down The Harp on the day the bankers got their bonuses, and a group thereof were standing near me discussing what they were planning to do with their newfound disposable income. I overheard a woman in the group who can't have been thirty saying "Yeah, I was thinking of going for the Aston too". It's nice to have options

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Morning all

Stand back, I've got the lurgy.
      <- manly and socially distanced

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        It doesn't seem as windy as yesterday at the moment though.
        Whoever had "local road closed due to fallen tree" on their bingo card can cross it off. I stand corrected (unlike the tree)

Comment

Afternoon all

Greetings from sunny Sofia where its 21 degrees and sunny.

Had a nice stay in the Hilton Garden Inn at T2 followed by an early start to get our 0745 flight. Just arrived at the Intercontinental Sofia and I have to say, so far, it's lovely. Very nice room.

Comment

I bunked off early for lunch and popped over to my formerly local bank branch, where I was able to pay the incorrectly shaped cheque in at the machine

And then down to Sainsbury's where the shopping was done just ahead of the lunchtime rush. I also remembered to take a couple of bags for the clothes recycling, one of which I've been repeatedly tripping over for the last few weeks, so that's a weight off the mind

Home, and lunch: sausages in finger rolls

But it was leftover cold sausages from earlier in the week, not the M&S ones I like for that purpose. I need to walk down the hill into town some time and do an M&S shop

And now it's suddenly got very dark outside and torrential rain has muscled in alongside the already strong winds

Comment

Friday afternoon coffee accompanied by a jam doughnut

Comment

We've had a stroll about and looked at a few of the churches about. Now having a fortifying G&T while contemplating our route back to the hotel for a freshen up before dinner.

Comment

Timesheet time. Made it to now with multiple coughing fits, aching joints and a 5 minute snooze earlier that lasted an hour.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Ech. Plumber is fixing my shower, sitting on edge of bath with most of his bum crack exposed. Why is it always blokes that do that?
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Timesheet done

It's turned quite sunny again now, with lots of big white fluffy bits, after the darkness and torrents earlier. A little while ago there were no fewer than eight pigeons browsing about on the lawn, along with the two magpies that seem to be nesting in one of the conifers, the blackbird couple from the hedge, and one of the squirrels

Comment

Working...
                      X