• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea: one of those really nice thick cut ribeye steaks, with the usual fried onions, chips and beans

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      It is, finally, the weekend.
      It is!

Comment

Tea was accompanied by the Warship programme, in which the British destroyer visits the port of Odessa, to demonstrate to the people of Ukraine that NATO countries stand with them against Russian aggression in the region. And who is that coming up the gangplank for a tour? Why, it's President Zelensky!

Bet he's wondering why they haven't come back yet now there's an actual need for them

Comment

Tonight's first major motion picture premiere was Leave No Trace (2018), about a father and daughter who are living off the grid in a National Park near Portland, Oregon. But the authorities, or powers that be or whatever, catch up with them; and as we all know, quality of life isn't relevant to those who insist on conformance to societal norms

I thought this was very good. Ultimately, it's about a father trying to do the best he can for his child despite his own problems, which arise from him having done what he believed to be his duty to the very society that now fails to acknowledge what he's done for it. I wish I could describe the message it gave me more succinctly, but at the moment it's more of a feeling to me. Anyway, I say again, very good.

And then another premiere, Icelandic this time: Mihkel (2018) which is based on a true story about an Estonian chap dragooned into smuggling speed into Iceland. Icelandic cinema doesn't suffer under the usual constraints of Hollywood, so it's a change to see a film that features constipation as a major part of the plot. But this ain't Carry On Smuggling either, so don't expect a happy ending

Finally, a rewatch of The Accountant (2016) because I like it

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Blue skies and sunny to the west, overcast to the east.

There's a thread on here about petrol prices. I might send a link to it for my 87 year old dad, he'd really enjoy finding out exactly how much everyone is paying, for the last 20 years it's been the main conversation he has with me when I phone him.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Overcast but dry. Currently 6 degrees with a high of 7 expected. Rain forecast from lunchtime onwards. Barometer up to 1023 mBar.

I have an appointment with the hairdresser this afternoon and I think there's OU work to consider doing.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                There's a thread on here about petrol prices. I might send a link to it for my 87 year old dad, he'd really enjoy finding out exactly how much everyone is paying, for the last 20 years it's been the main conversation he has with me when I phone him.
                I want a time machine so I can go back to the days of 4/6d a gallon and 5* with proper lead in it.

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Frosty.

Cold at 11.1 deg in here.

1025 mBar, 30.27 in Hg, 768.8 Torr, 14.866 psi, (up from 1022 mbar last night), 70% RH.

Saturday.

<taps screen> Is this thing on?

Walk (unabbreviated) walked.

Happily enough, no mucking muttley got dogtulip on my jeans today.

It was a bit chilly to have left a layer off, to be honest, despite the sun, the wind was bitter.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, a red pippy corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, 0.9103 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: The News Quiz (last edition before Armageddon).

<taps screen> We must have had armageddon & I didn't notice.

Freecell score (other box): 90%, running average 84%.

Tea: fiery bol with spag, some peach slices (in syrup), a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Bab5 "The Gathering" being the pilot ep thereof and the dvd a) needed the toothpaste treatment despite looking perfectly clean, and b) wasn't the alternate version from 1997 with the updated effects & better music.

Glad the Membari makeup wasn't like that for the series itself, most unattractive.

Freecell score (on this box): 100% , running average 87.7%.

Entertainment: Bab5 "In the Beginning (1998)": the one where the "story" is told to some children by Emperor Molari.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 March 2022, 23:21.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Got back from 5 day break on IOW with loony lady 1 yesterday. Grey and drizzly all the time and lots of things closed. I blame her, she booked it. Still, quite nice, and Carisbrooke Castle, the thing I most wanted to see, was open. Really great place, best castle I've been to.

Been volunteering clearing logs at a local forest today, nice 2 hours. Couple of kids with their parents, kept chatting to me and one followed me when I went back to my car to get some tools. Didn't see them talking to any other adults. Dunno why children always seem to like a miserable old git like me. Good thing I'm not the Jimmy Savilley sort.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Afternoon denizens

It's a drizzly, grey, 7°C day out. Barometers up somewhat at 1018/1025mB

Comment

Taking break from gardening, monitoring the progress of the coffee delivery.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X