• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Later viewing was S2 of The Handmaid's Tale of which I thought I'd watch a couple of episodes and ended up watching… five, I think? I know this stuff is designed for bingeing, but they should have an option for seeing a version of a given episode that leaves you happy to go to bed after it and watch the rest another time

But it is very good, so what can you do?

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Dark. Dry. Frosty. Currently -3 with a high of 4 expected. No rain forecast. Barometer up to 1007 mBar.

As suspected, I didn't sleep well. Something woke me at 3am and I stayed awake until sometime after 5am. Woke again around 6.10am and the alarm went off at 6.30am.

Coffee then head off to the funeral. Hopefully my Mum didn't go back to bed after I called to wake her up.
      Last edited by ladymuck; 19 January 2023, 07:08.

Comment

I am on a train. Choo Choo. This being one of those rare occasions where I'm awake at sunrise and I missed it because it's hard to see such things while on the tube

Comment

Morning all
          A bit frosty out. Gardening and walking will have to wait.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Thursday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cold in here at 10.7 deg, 10 deg in the kitchen, 4 deg in the leanto.

1006 mBar, 29.707 in Hg, 754.56 Torr, 14.59 psi, (unchanged), 67% RH (GDR hair), 58% RH (Lidl electric).

Didn't hear the recycling engineers making their merry way along the road, which didn't matter since I didn't put anything out for collection.

Meanwhile on the 15th of April 2019 NF had ribs & chips for tea, whereas on the 16th WTFH's dog was much better and I was plagued by silent telephone calls (shows how long ago it is since I appear to have answered them), including one from a sweary foreign person (judging by the lack of diction & accent, this last being so thick I couldn't understand a fecking word it said).

Walk (totally abbreviated due to the inability to stand up whilst doing so) unwalked. It's like a skating rink out there.

Bird feeders replenished.

Paths salted.

Lunch: baked potatoes with cheese and baked beans, red corner yog, 2 x marmalade 1 x bramble jelly slices of toast, 0.91*1.66 pints of good Glengettie tea to make up for the shortfall earlier.

Entertainment: Y&Y gap finders: beach robe thing: made in China because the manufacturers in this country couldn't cope,, Sliced bread: energy drinks.*

*Actually it went <click> before Sliced Bread due to lack of innerest.

Freecell score in the tedium of the unwalked afternoon: 100%, running average: 85%. There's tidy then.

Tea: penultimate portion of that ridiculously hot chilli con carne with rice, the last of the apricot halves and a yog (in a vain attempt to cool down a bit), 0.91*1.57 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S17 E1: something new for NF, this one: 1965 Austin Mini 850: Bought: £10k, Total: £11,896, Sold: £14k. Taxed until the end of Feb. Still awaiting its first MOT apparently. .

Fred Dibnah's Made in Britain: Mechanics & Riveters.

The Joy of Painting E6: Whispering Bob will be sending me to sleep again. . Highly successful. I wish I could bottle this to use tonight to go to sleep.

Dr Pimplepopper S3 E6. Little 9 yr old girl with psoriasis. Mother won't wear a mask to go inside. That's making things a bit awkward. Oh, she'll look through the window or somesuch for the injection. Very amusing kid. An ex Marine with a lump in his armpit: lipoma. Fraternal twins with bumps on their heads. Bet they're cysts. But they're definitely sisters.

Trucking Hell S6 E15.

The Movies on Sky Arts: The 60s Part One.

"How do they do it?": bullet proof vests. Well there's a thing. "High velocity" being yer average pistol round. Judging by the dent in the clay model I can understand why it hurts despite not killing you outright.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 January 2023, 09:29.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Sunny out but still not that warm at 3°C; the frost lingers on that area of the lawn that doesn't get any direct sunlight at this time of year. The barometers are up again at 995/1003mB

Comment

Lunch: Scotch broth and wholemeal bread

Comment

It was a lovely dry, bright day but bitterly cold. So glad it was a cremation. My train home was cancelled leaving me waiting for 40 minutes at Chertsey station for the next one. Now trying to warm up whilst watching Skin A&E.

Comment

Tea: lamb scouse with a big chunk of well-fired loaf

I need to get a shoulder of lamb to restock with Scotch broth and scouse now.

Comment

Slightly overstretched my right shoulder today, and am now paying for it, but the last of the apple trees will be better for it.

TFBSZ
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X