• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's agent has been spoken to, he accidentally reminded me that I should follow up with a client I had been speaking to directly.
    Now waiting for the weather to break.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

My council can't tell the truth about the post Christmas bin schedule.

They are empty the refuse and recycling now. Should have been done yesterday.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Next big job done: Christmas avatar replaced.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The curtains are here!

There's a double-sided sheet of A5 with instructions about pleats and such. I never realised curtains were so complicated; I thought you just hung them up and were good to go

Anyway, I need to get some curtain hooks. But the Ikea delivery is now also on the way so I'll have to wait for that, though he's north of Loughborough at the moment and Homebase is quite nearby

Comment

It depends on the size you ordered. If you sized them to be the same as the window then you won't need to do any gathering / pleating. If you ordered a bit wider then you either just pull the cords to gather the curtain to the right size and even out the pleats or go for fancy pleating that is more hassle than its worth.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              It depends on the size you ordered. If you sized them to be the same as the window then you won't need to do any gathering / pleating. If you ordered a bit wider then you either just pull the cords to gather the curtain to the right size and even out the pleats or go for fancy pleating that is more hassle than its worth.
              The ordering process specifically asked for the track length, and AIUI they then calculate from that and make them wider for pleating. As they go into enormous depth about pleating on this bit of paper, I assume it's something very dear to their hearts

Current status: dealing with the large number of cardboard boxes that have been allowed to accumulate in the living room pending transfer to the tip, as I now need that space for the Ikea delivery, which will result in yet more boxes

I think I'll stick these in the study for now so they're out of the way.

And once the Ikea delivery has been assembled, I'll have enough space to deal with the whole curtain issue

Comment

Ikea stuff arrived!

Only took one trip in the lift with it this time, probably due to there being no sofa this time

Comment

Next door have had scaffolding up up out the front.

I suppose that means there's noisy building works in my future.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Next door have had scaffolding up up out the front.

I suppose that means there's noisy building works in my future.
                    Could be worse - next door have, as of last weekend, a new yappy dog and seem to be happy to leave it all alone during the day.
                    Last edited by eek; 10 January 2023, 16:31.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Could be worse - next door have a new, last weekend, yappy dog and seem to be happy to leave it all alone during the day.
                      They have one of those too! And a toddler prone to temper tantrums.

Comment

Working...
                      X