• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suddenly seem to have a lot of The Repair Shop downloaded so I watched E2 and am now on E3.

I also finished S1 of The Handmaid's Tale.

The bed has not yet been made.

Comment

Maybe she decided that the hassle of the box was too much so went for a TV with the functionality built in?
      Erm, but it's only got Freeview built in. Won't work with satellite cables.

Daresay she'll be asking me to run a coaxial cable down from upstairs next.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

No premieres tonight; for some reason I was in the mood for journalism stories, so I rewatched The Post and Spotlight

And then a couple of episodes of The West Wing because I suppose I have to get through it again somehow

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Erm, but it's only got Freeview built in. Won't work with satellite cables.

Daresay she'll be asking me to run a coaxial cable down from upstairs next.
          Does the power light on the sat receiver come on?

I found out the other day that a lot of the SD channels on Freesat are well on their way to disappearing.

Also the old Sky box that used to receive Ch4 & 5 doesn't do it any more because Sky removed that facility in 2020.

Also my Sky box ate LNBs which was a pain when the dish was on the chimney but matters not now the dish is in the box room.

Morning.

Sunday.

Dark.

Dank

Dreary.

Grey.

Gloomy.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 13.2 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen, 10.5 deg in the leanto.

988 mBar, 29.1756 in Hg, 741.06 Torr, 14.329 psi, (down from 992 last night), 73% RH (GDR hair), 70% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 9th of April 2019 I was spending money like a drunken sailor including roller towels and the NYPD Blue box set, whereas NF was celebrating receiving 31 cocktails sausages from M&S rather than the more usual 30.

The sun came out earlier in a vain attempt to encourage me on a walk. Happily I ignored it since the deluge with ongoing murrain of beasts has just arrived unbidden.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, a red corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.61 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Stone me, it's gone dark in here.

After which the clouds cleared & the sun emerged.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the sunshine and rainfree stagger.

The small river flowing down the hill flows even yet.

Entertainment: the last hour of "Lawman (1971)" with that Burt Lancaster, Robert Ryan, Lee J. Cobb.

Now "Rio Lobo (1970)" with that Duke Wayne chap. And Jack Elam.

Tea: lentil <pffffft> soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91*1.61 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: 2022 from space: featuring lots of burned out Russian tanks. Which is good.

Oak Island nutjobbery S9 E15 "Eyes & boot in the ground": the one where they find FDR's gumboot. . Let's see if I missed anything of any innerest whatsofeckingever last Monday. . As fecking if. .

The lead seal thing is made of lead from France.

Tracing the path from the stone wharf using ground penetrating radar

Wood. More wood. Water. Grab gets stuck at 80 feet. Water. Brings up a rock with a drill hole in it. Must be the Ancient Aliens.

Ah. They've just found FDR's rubber gumboot. At 90+ feet.

This has been so inneresting I feel asleep. . .

Big wood. Lots of big wood. And it's sundown so that's it for this week. . Kaufman rubber boot. 1909.

Thing on BBC Alba about the Carella Incident where a trawler sailed through a cloud of bubonic plague off Lewis in 1952 during Operation Cauldron (which killed 80 odd monkeys and nearly 3k5 guinea pigs).

You'd have thunk that said trawler might be sequestered somewhere & the crew tested, but no, this is the UK, so feck all was done.

Said trawler sails home to Fleetwood, crew does what a crew does at home, then off it sails again to Iceland, whilst being monitored at a safe distance by another "trawler" and a frigate.

By the grace of an available deity, no one contracted plague nor passed it on.

Makes one remember that there were plans to test nuclear weapons in the flow country before Australia was volunteered instead. .

https://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/2005/oct/...reat-uncovered

Oh look, there's a vid:

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp...tion-cauldron/

https://apnews.com/article/c23693ff6...63085145f89eff

Oh. It's ok. "They" only proposed to release polonium. Near Wick. . That's all right then.

The Repair Shoppe: a kettle, a neglected sax with red rot, leather shaving mirror WWI, used in the trenches. The watch repair chap played the sax. .
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 January 2023, 22:43.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

It was sunny, with a bit of fluff scurrying past. Then it came over cloudy. Then it rained. Before the rain had completely finished, the sun came out again. Currently 8 degrees ('feels like' 6) with a high of 9 expected. More rain forecast. Barometer down to 997 mBar.

Off to see Mum today. Need to check her phone line and find out why there's an awful buzzing on it. I'm hoping it's just the handset.

Comment

Morning all
              Sleep escaped me last night, and while this morning looks bright to the west, it’s raining
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Fairly sunny out, with big clumps of white and grey fluffiness proceeding in a stately manner across the sky. The conifers also have a bit of a shimmy on, suggesting it's fairly breezy. It's 7°C which is as good as it'll get, and the barometers are down a bit more at 975/983mB

Comment

Tea: chicken in red wine sauce with chips and peas

Accompanied by Time Team trying to find a palace of Saxon king Offa in Herefordshire

Comment

Had an uneventful drive to Sussex, despite occasional deluges. Took Mum to Tesco where we picked up some trousers for my Gran's funeral. They were an absolutely awful fit, no idea what body shape they were cut for. We didn't have time to take them back and get to the big Next store so I'll do that with her next week. Forgot to check her phone line.

Stopped off at a friend's house on the way home as it was her birthday and I didn't have much time to see her when I was down at Christmas.

Uneventful drive home, with the moon lighting my way thanks to a very clear sky.

Now watching S10E1 of Digging for Britain. Found some stones (an old Roman road) and a few coins. So far, so Oak Island

Comment

Have to ask is lm 100% as she’s missed a very obvious century
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X