• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Dull, wet. Raining earlier, currently paused, more expected. Currently 10 degrees ('feels like' 7) with a high of 12. Barometer down to 1003 mBar.

Off to the hairdresser to get the greys painted over. Then to Borough Market to pick up a duck that I would have collected for New Year, if I hadn't decided at the last minute to visit HWMBO.

On my way out, there was a pair of blue boxer shorts lying in my path. I gingerly picked them up by the waistband to deposit in my bin. On turning the corner of my house to where the bin resides, on the ground there was an empty KFC box with a well gnawed 'corn cobette' in it. A delightful start to the day.

Comment

Morning all
      The earlier rain has mostly blown through but it’s still windy out. Can’t see much gardening happening today.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey day out and raining steadily - and it's just got even heavier, having already been quite bad

Mild enough though at 11°C, which is as good as it'll get. The rain is predicted to continue off and on until evening, and the barometers are down a good bit at 982/990mB

Comment

The post came and included a letter meant for my neighbour across the hall, so naturally I immediately Googled her. Turns out she's an Associate Professor of English Literature at the University, and one of the world's leading experts on Samuel Pepys!

Comment

Turned sunny out now and the conifers, which had quite a vigorous shimmy going on, have settled into a gentle undulation

Comment

Mundane laundry is on

Comment

Home. Knackered. I managed to dodge all rain and it's brightened up such that I can see patches of blue sky.

I didn't realise that there was no eastbound service on the District or Circle lines after Earls Court so after my hair doings in Kensington I had to take a slightly more scenic route to London Bridge.

After successfully collecting my order and picking up spices for HWMBO, I headed home via a slightly less scenic route.

Ealing Broadway shopping cente has one of those gift shops that has a bit of a mish mash of tat with occasional gems in it. I needed to pick up a little token birthday gift and it had just the thing. I also ended up buying two more birthday gifts that will see me prepped until May .

Coffee had. Now to wash the bed linen and order another fitted sheet as the one I repaired a few weeks back is really not worth saving.

Comment

Expect some of you lot have this problem. Being techy, you are supposed to be an expert in everything technical. Yet, even when you do advise them, they don't have a clue what you mean. Loony lady 2's TV not working and I checked it that it had satellite connection only to a satellite box. Told her I couldn't be sure where the fault was, could be dish, box or TV, but most likely 2nd as no on light was showing. So what has she brought today to solve the problem? A new Freeview TV.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Tea was from the legendary kebab shop nearby, one of the reasons I'm pleased to be living in this part of the city again

Remarkable efficiency too: about ten minutes from leaving the flat to walking back in with the food, and I hadn't placed the order online or anything; I was just a walk-in

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      Expect some of you lot have this problem. Being techy, you are supposed to be an expert in everything technical. Yet, even when you do advise them, they don't have a clue what you mean. Loony lady 2's TV not working and I checked it that it had satellite connection only to a satellite box. Told her I couldn't be sure where the fault was, could be dish, box or TV, but most likely 2nd as no on light was showing. So what has she brought today to solve the problem? A new Freeview TV.
                      Maybe she decided that the hassle of the box was too much so went for a TV with the functionality built in?

Comment

Working...
                      X