• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Monday.

Sunny.

Dry.

Blue sky.

Chilly in here at 11.5 deg, 11 deg in the kitchen, 9 deg in the leanto, 4.5 deg in the saltinghouse.

1029.5 mBar, in Hg, Torr, psi, (down from 1030.5 last night), 70% RH (GDR hair), 65% RH (Lidl electric).

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Shirts in the WM.

Meanwhile on the 25th of April 2019 Countdowning was continuing, while NF explored the innards of the bulletin board we all love so much.

Shirts out of the WM and pegged out on the line.

Cottons in the WM.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. Seemed extraordinarily heavy on the way home.

Cottons out of the WM and pegged out on the line.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, indeterminate red corner yog, 0.91*1.53 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The el cheapo oranges I've been buying from Tesco have disappeared & I can't bring myself to buy the more expensive ones.

A lot of the time the el cheapo version was nicer than the more expensive ones.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about a recruitment scan purporting to be from Huntress. Apparently it's a Bad Idea to click on the Big Green Button 45 times since it gives the scumbags time to download a trojan.

<tap> <tap> Is this thing on?

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine and brisk breeze. No M&S trolley today.

Shirts in off the line and roughly iRoned, now airing upstairs.

Cottons in off the line and roughly iRoned where needed, now airing upstairs.

Smalls in off the line and airing upstairs.

Everything dried on the line today. Zero TD use.

Had a sneezing fit whilst iRoning, probably due to the tree pollen that's about at the moment.

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice n peas, a yog, the last of the apricot halves, 0.91*1.59 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM waffling on about balloons.

Wheeler Dealers S7 E8: 1989 Landrover 90 TDi with a 3.5 litre Rover V8: bought: £3k, total: £5677, Sold: £6k. Another triumph.

And it has a 4 barrel holley. Change the cam for a high lift version. Change the "rusty" doors. Insert a window. Alloy wheels & new tyres, tart the front up a bit. Paint.

Had to break out the eye drops because the pollen count is making my eyes itch like crazy.

Joy of Painting . Well that didn't take long: 19:34, something of a record. Whispering Bob at his finest. Loved the sky, not quite sure about that red seascape though. Somewhat curious.

Who do you think you are? Anne Reid. Turns out an ancestor got himself transported to Tasmania for being a naughty boy.

Oak Island nutjobbery "A lot of secrets": Lot 8: more fecking wood. No doubt the feckwhit Gary will say his usual nonsensical crap.

Oh look: Gary finds a cylindrical chunk of rusty iron. Oh good now he's found, wait for it, an axe cut wood chip.

They did a hole on lot 8 next to a boulder. It's full. Of water. Someone shoot me, it would be a kindness.

More wood. Old wood. NotSoOld Wood. Chunky wood. Some nails. A big sheet of metal that Hedden installed at the bottom of his dig.

Secrets in the Ice: Russian mummies on Mt Elbrus. Turns out it's some unfortunate WWII Soviet soldier. Greenland giants and abandoned village. The "crater" turns out to be a WWII quarry for cryolite: sodium hexafluoroaluminate: aluminium ore. Antarctic ice borehole. It's life Jim, but not as we know it. Fed by currents circulating around Antarctica. And Finally: who preceded the Greenland Thule people? The Late Dorset people.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 February 2023, 22:51.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Lunch was Scotch broth with wholemeal bread

Turned a bit sunny here now. I might have to lower the blind in my study in a bit

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Lunch was Scotch broth with wholemeal bread

Turned a bit sunny here now. I might have to lower the blind in my study in a bit
          The sun reached the angle where the glare off my screen is not enjoyable. I really ought to just swap my desk around a bit

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

The sun reached the angle where the glare off my screen is not enjoyable. I really ought to just swap my desk around a bit
            I've got the backs of my monitors to the window, but as the sun is fairly low, it's coming through beneath them and casting a bright light across part of the keyboard

Might have to lower the blind the rest of the way…

Comment

First day done, and straight into the kitchen where a casserole has been prepared and is now in the oven

Comment

Today at work was dull. I'm bored. I think I'll start job hunting.

Comment

Tea was sausage and onion casserole with chips and peas, which was very tasty

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Today at work was dull. I'm bored. I think I'll start job hunting.
                    We've got a new delivery manager starting tomorrow, as announced on Teams about forty minutes ago

Meanwhile, the Cabinet Office has yet to confirm what the department's new name and TLA - or, possibly, ETLA - are

Comment

Left over curry and rice, that I had frozen a few weeks ago, for dinner. HWMBO had made the rice ages ago to go with some Carribbean inspired dish. I need to get him to make more when he's next down.

Ents is Great British Menu so far.

Comment

Working...
                      X