• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea has been a roast beef dinner

Not the best bit of beef, it has to be said. Too lean; needed more fat to gee up the flavour a bit

Comment

Leftovers for dinner. Mostly leftover cauliflower cheese and roast potatoes from yesterday, along with a couple of sausages for me and MMtSH.
      Washed down with leftover bottles of wine.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Not a lot of TV today: some Canadian customs stuff at lunchtime, and Trucking Hell with tea

The latter reminded me that Crouch Recovery's festive heavy wrecker is larger than I first thought, being maybe eight or ten feet long, and it's pulling Santa in his sleigh, which is also pretty big. Also, I first saw it at night but when I saw it in daylight coming home yesterday, it turned out it's not just the outline in fairy lights with a beacon, it's a whole model truck and sleigh - the truck painted orange, of course

Later, I read some more of Erotic Vagrancy. Elizabeth Taylor really did have an extremely strange life, starting from her earliest childhood; no wonder she turned out the way she did

Tremendously windy all day and continuing so tonight, with occasional rain

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
          Wet and windy here.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Still a bit breezy here, though not as bad as it was last night. The rain has stopped, though there'll be showers on and off through the day. Currently 9°C and peaking at 10°, with the barometers unchanged at 990/998mB, though a look at the graph in the non-homemade app suggests it's dipped below that to around 994mB over the course of the last twenty-four hours and is on the way back up

The Christmas Cold (or Covid) has struck me down with a vengeance, with a very sore throat developing rapidly late last night and a bit of a runny nose too. Covid test is negative, but of course that doesn't mean much; false negatives are very common with them, it's only false positives that are rare. Anyway, apart from the throat, I don't feel too drastically stricken at the moment - though I think I'll put off the shopping, which I'd been thinking of doing today. No point over-exerting oneself in the circumstances

Comment

Morning.

Thursday apparently.

Dry (as in not currently raining).

Grey.

Sunless.

Windy.

Not so chilly in here at 13.5 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen, 12 deg in the leanto.

1000 mBar, 29.53 in Hg, 750.1 Torr, 14.5 psi, (up from 997 last night), 77% RH (GDR hair), 71% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 9th of August 2019 I wondered about the technical accuracy of "Sneakers (1992)" regarding the Cray computer and acoustic modems in the 1960s, cooker hoods, and cooking fish.

Lunch: beans on toast etc.

Was thinking of going shopping but in the end couldn't be arsed.

Freecell score: 88%, running average: 86%.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the grey gloom. It managed not to rain on me.

Freecell score: abysmal. running average: 86%.

Tea: soup etc. with the addition of the last of the xmas puds.

Entertainment: "Jigsaw (1962)" with that Jack Warner chap, he's not "Evening all" PC Dixon in this one. It was rather good in a monochrome sort of way.

Bits of the 2 hour special of Captain Kirk talking to the Ancient Aliens nutjobs.

Bits of "The Long Kiss Goodnight (1996)". Full of kickass mother****ery. . With Gena Davis, Brian Cox (the sweary one not "Things can only get better"), and Samuel L. "mother****er" Jackson.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 December 2023, 23:39.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Dull. Windy. Raining. Both intermittent. There was a brief splash of blue sky but that's gone now. Currently 12 degrees ('feels like' 9) and that's the high for the day. Barometer is at 1007 mBar

I seem to have a cold, which is quite annoying.

Comment

The old boys magazine has arrived from school. Glancing through the pages listing various grand achievements, I note that as usual, my cohort is conspicuous by its absence

There's one guy who seems to be doing quite well as a musical producer for the movies. I remember him as a right arsehole

I hadn't realised before that I overlapped with Will Gompertz. But he would have been three years below me so, as with Al Murray who I think was six years below, I wouldn't have known him. "[Gompertz] was expelled from school aged 16 and left with no A levels" according to Wikipedia. Doesn't stop them boasting about him now - and, indeed, doesn't stop him telling the old boys club what he's up to

None of us on the deaths page either, so there's that

Comment

Just watched Imagine on BBC iPlayer about French and Saunders. Very nice programme.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Just watched Imagine on BBC iPlayer about French and Saunders. Very nice programme.
                      Hmmm. Yentob did his usual job of sucking all the life out of his subject. Would have been far better with someone with a sense of humour in his chair. The all too short clips were hilarious, especially if you remember the context, but probably a little meh if you don't!
                      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                      X