• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

A DL? Just keep it less than £10k and pay back within 9 months and one day of the company year end. Speak to your accountant.
    Yeah, that's a possibility. My year end isn't until July so it might not even register as DLA if you know what I mean.

Comment

Volunteer thing at local woodland charity this morning followed by loony lady 1 walk. Two nice days to meself comng up.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

In other news, much Ambulance has been watched as it seems I missed the last series

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Got through to the Chinese on the fifth attempt (two engaged, two rang out). My order will be ready for collection at eight
          It was not, in the end, ready at eight. Just after quarter past, in fact. But it was, as always, worth waiting for

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            In other news, much Ambulance has been watched as it seems I missed the last series
            I'll have to go and check now to make sure they didn't sneak it past me too

Comment

Today was the day of many wildlife programmes, including Monkey Life of course

And later viewing was To Catch a Copper on All4, covering internal investigations into various forms of misconduct among the officers of Avon & Somerset Constabulary

I appear to have watched the previous series of Ambulance but while checking, I noticed that the second episode of the current series isn't up yet. Did they have snooker or something on instead this week?

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Sunday.

Damp.

Wanly sunny.

Chilly in here at 13.1 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen, 11 deg in the leanto.

990 mBar, 29.2347 in Hg, 742.56 Torr, 14.358 psi, (up from 983 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 67% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 28th of August 2019 it was grey, wet, dark, and dank around here, though NF had some sunshine.

Walk (abbreviated) walked. It drizzled on me.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: Just a Minute.

Last ep of that thing about the encoded phones.

Freecell score: 92%, running average: 86%.

Welsh TV from the 80s with that opera singer chap & his dog.

Highway Cops interspersed with anything else I could find.

Stone me, Abigail's Party is showing. I've got the requisite two copies of the dvd, neither of which I've watched.

Motorway Patrol.

Shalako. Sean Connery as a cowboy.

10 minutes of last Monday's Mentalist. The firebomber one.

Am Dro. I wonder whence we go this week yng Nghymraeg. Llanuwchlyn. It took me 10 minutes to remember what the purple flower was: a foxglove. . Burryport to Pembrey, Cefn Sidan. Llandecwyn, nice panoramic view including Portmeirion in the distance.

Last Monday's 2nd Mentalist ep. The poisoning in the University one.

Mega Disasters: Hypercane: the Yucatan meteorite.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 February 2024, 21:12.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Foggy start out, which makes a change. Fairly mild at 5°C with 9° likely this afternoon, and the barometers are up a little more at 977/985mB

Comment

Morning all
                    Off to the beach for a walk.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Dry, sunny with lumps of fluff. No rain forecast. No discernable breeze. Currently 8 degrees with a high of 10 expected. Barometer up to 992 mBar.

Off to Sussex by the sea to visit Mum. The weather there is much the same albeit a touch warmer.

I too noticed a lack of Ambulance in the week. Episode 2 will be aired on BBC1 Wednesday at 9pm. Looking at the schedule for Wednesday just gone, I can't see any sporting replacement; Silent Witness was shown in the 9pm slot. According to tvregular.com E2 was due to be aired on the 7th as they had a episode synopsis all published for that date. However, there was a nurses strike on that day - I wonder if that is why it was pulled?

Comment

Working...
                      X