• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turns out this is the last weekend in April so there's an extended family Zoom call tomorrow morning. At least it's now at 9:30 thanks to daylight saving time shenanigans

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      New driving licence arrived, sans EU stars

They're very insistent that I should cut my old one in two and post the bits back to them. I wonder how many people actually do?
      I did! I'm a well behaved and compliant citizen

Comment

Watched lots of Geoff Marshall's YouTube channel this afternoon as he does daft nerdy things to do with London transport that are fun yet informative.

Now watching Scott Manley giving his take on things in space that have happened recently.

Just realised it's 8pm and still light out. Yay for summer!

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

I was trying to think of a location theme for the CUK do I said I'd arrange that would lend itself to an interesting town for it to take place in. Things like 'dullest town' didn't yield much so I looked at 'centre of England' but that's in the middle of nowhere (unsurprisingly) with not much in the way of pubs. Now I'm trying to think of other silly notions.

I think somewhere either up the M1 or A1 would be good for Crouch Recovery truck spotting but I suspect that may be a bit too niche.

Comment

In the Chinese
              Very nice as always

Busyness status: undisclosed as she was busy in the kitchen, but when the Russian driver came back he ended up sitting across the shop from me chatting about the weather, so probably "Earlier"

On the way there, it seemed that the pub-turned-Caribbean-restaurant-and-bar on the other side of Iceland was hosting a party, with loads of cars filling Iceland's car park and also parked on the pavement, and what seemed to be a sizeable number of the city's Afro-Caribbean population thronging outside and also on the pavement, exhibiting a complete disregard for any notion of social distancing

On the way back, several police vehicles had arrived, the crowd was apparently being ordered to disperse, and one bloke was being put in the back of a car by a bunch of coppers

Comment

Miss V3 and Mrs V made sausage rolls so they sort of ruined my appetite for the pie but they were awesome!

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Understated and overpriced.​​

The cold shower will make a man of you.
                  While the bloke was in the back getting my order, I checked out the new M1-based MacBook Pro and left one of the display models showing this post
                  Fame at last.

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

According to Dr Mosley, it boosts the immune system. So I am inclined to agree with you

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000v83f
                  Yes, I listened to that one.

He may be right because my immune system has certainly boned up on not liking pollen over much.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 April 2021, 22:06.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning.

Dark.

Dry.

Polleny.

Warm in here at 18 deg.

Itchy.

1025 mBar, 30.27 in Hg, 54% RH.

Sunday.

Sunday, far too fecking early.

<hiatus>

Some of the commentary on "A History of Violence (2005)" duly watched & when that became tedious then the usual standby of "DSOTM" off "Pulse" followed by "Brainstorm" off "Doremi" did the required dozing background.

Must have been quite a heavy doze since I have little recollection of anything after "Time", though "Money" did feature a bit.

<hiatus>

Shopping trip to Tesco and Morrisons done via the ATM in Barclays bank since I was down to £45 in my wallet.

Comestibles washed, dried, sanitised, and put away, not necessarily in that order.

Lunch: Morrisons chicken breast portions with smoked bacon & sausages which turned out really tasty & nice which made a rather pleasant change, a red pippy corner yog, and 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

I even remembered to get the roasties and onion from the oven before eating the rest.

The commentary on "A History of Violence (2005)" duly completed its run during lunch, so that's out of the way too.

I may have to cut the lawn this afternoon, but will contemplate that a little later.

In addition to the comestibles, Tesco supplied me with eyedrops (sodium chromoglycate) and two varieties of one a day antihistamines.

<hiatus>

Walk walked.

The bat house in the disused car park now has a roof.

The dam is now devoid of workers and their canteen.

Two lawns mown.

Tea: Heinz tomato soup with a hint of chilli, plus Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich x 2 on same, yog x2, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Silicon Glen: from ships to microchips: being the history of the rise & fall of the IBM Greenock factory.

Mmmmmm. Punched cards and FORTRAN IV on IBM 1130.

Followed by "The Towering Inferno (1974)" with Paul Newman, Steve McQueen, William Holden.

It certainly towered for a long time at 2hrs 38min.

Amusing enough at the time, before we'd seen the real thing.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 April 2021, 22:43.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

After the inevitable Trucking Hell whilst dining, tonight's movie magic was Stardust (1974), the sequel to That'll Be The Day which I watched the other week. It's really good, covering the whole pop star experience of the Sixties from Beatlemania-style girl mobs to the inevitable Rock Opera, then reclusion as a result of having been driven a fair way towards madness by the whole thing. An excellent film IMHO

Though in one shot outside a London hotel which, as far as I could tell, was supposed to be circa 1968 there was a Transit van passing by with an L suffix plate, which is a 1972-3 registration

And then, as I have to be up early tomorrow, I figured I'd just watch one episode of The Americans. This turned out to be a mistake as S4 was just starting to kick off big style, so I ended up watching three: S4E3 Experimental Prototype City of Tomorrow (TV Episode 2016), S4E4 Chloramphenicol (TV Episode 2016), and S4E5 Clark's Place (TV Episode 2016). Good stuff, and I'll probably still manage to get up in time, though I may well go back to bed afterwards

Goodnight all

Ah, just discovered I forgot to actually post this last night. Ah well, here it is now instead ​​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                      X