• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch: chicken, tomato and lentil soup with wholemeal bread. Very tasty

My two stray fixing things have arrived from Ikea, shipped all the way from Germany; estimated Customs value: 11p, or maybe 11¢.

And while out and about I cast my eye over the various local hardware shops' offerings in the kitchen bin department, but they only seem to have rubbish bins

Comment

Late breakfast was the last of the dinner HWMBO cooked last night but I wasn't well enough to eat. Some kind of fritter with ricotta cheese and peas and stuff with egg and bacon, and a tomato salad.

Lunch is crunchy nut cornflakes to finish the box up.

Comment

Pleasant evening out by the look of things, with a light breeze wafting in through the windows to stop things getting too hot

Comment

HWMBO has made a pie with a jacket potato and salad for dinner. Not sure what's in the pie yet.

Comment

We sat out in the garden, where it's 29C - our house is remaining cool at about 21C. We had roast duck with plum sauce, soy sauce, spring onions, coriander and mint, all wrapped in some kind of bready thing.

Nice.

Yes Minister, To the Manor Born. Bed. Sleep well all. (Today was good - issue came in with our software that has been lurking since 2013, got a patch tested and out within 3 hours).

Yesterday, saw first episode of Loki. Promising.

Tomorrow - I think I'll try to work on the Eclipse plugin - context menu + table.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Tea has been Sainsbury's battered chunky haddock with chips and peas

Accompanied by a bit of Traffic Cops

Comment

The pie was beefy and very nice too.

All my muscles still ache but feeling much better. I phoned the parentals and informed them of my shenanigans. Dad then phoned my brother to keep him updated.

Undecided whether keeping moving, as in the accepted way to recover from exercise, is better or worse than staying still considering the discomfort is a side effect from my brain having a wobbly and not actual exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  The pie was beefy and very nice too.

All my muscles still ache but feeling much better. I phoned the parentals and informed them of my shenanigans. Dad then phoned my brother to keep him updated.

Undecided whether keeping moving, as in the accepted way to recover from exercise, is better or worse than staying still considering the discomfort is a side effect from my brain having a wobbly and not actual exercise.
                  Glad you're feeling better. Good pie is bound to help too

Keeping moving around, within reason, might help remind your brain of what it's supposed to be doing, and more importantly, what it's not

Note that I am entirely unqualified to offer medical advice, unless that First Aid in the Workplace certificate I got around 1987 still counts for anything

Post-prandial viewing was more Traffic Cops because it was easier to just let it do next-episode-autoplay than take active steps to watch something else

The gas man cometh tomorrow, for the annual safety checks of the appliances. For his sake, I need to give the hob a clean as soon as I get up; I should have done it tonight, but forgot

Goodnight all

Comment

^^^ By sheer coincidence I cleaned the hob on my cooker only last Saturday.

It was filthy.

Morning.

Awoke unbidden at 05:47 for no discernible reason, to dreams of the recycling engineers doing their doings.

Dry.

White sky.

Sunless.

20.2 deg in here.

1010 mBar, 29.83 in Hg, 68% RH.

Wednesday apparently, so where the dream of the recycling came from is unknown.

Walk walked in the pleasantly slightly chilly morning air.

No sign of the red kite this morning.

The Early Purple Orchids are still busily doing their thing.

No children from the Welsh Skool being taken around Gnoll Park, unlike yesterday when I got to practice my Cymraeg as in "Bore Da"..

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower & spelt toast, bramble jelly sandwiches x2 on same, a red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Some minor potching done in the garden to clear some of the brambles and goosegrass.

Tea: the last of the roast chicken & sausage, some tinned pears, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Peter Lorre on Sky Arts.

Followed by about 10 minutes of NCIS S4 E24 "Angel of Death" (not S2 as it said in the EPG).

I decided I didn't want to watch it so I read my book instead.

Bored with reading said book: "Underground Worlds" on Yesterday, which is all about mines & such like, seems to be limestone mines rather than metal or coal mines.

Currently talking about the Odessa catacombs.

Dr Pimplepopper is on next at 21:00. It's S1 E1 which I may have seen before.

Yup. I've seen it before.

Here we go:

https://www.blitzortung.org/en/live_...-zMFUMww0HYhE#

Whereas I hadn't seen The Detonators before.

This time it was blowing more tulip up, namely some coal processing plant consisting of a 75m concrete & brick chimney, a set of coal silos, and some sort of processing plant, plus one of those water towers on stilts things the septics are so keen on, this last requiring a spiral shaped charge to knock out the legs.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 June 2021, 11:40.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start here, currently 19°C and aiming for 25°, but with the barometers down a bit at 104/1012mB

An early start means the kitchen is… well, not clean and tidy, but in a fit state to receive the gasman. In particular, the cooker can be touched without the need for immediate decontamination of the hands, and I moved the table that normally blocks access to the (entirely redundant) gas fire so it now blocks access to some cupboards instead, then put the fire on for a minute or two to burn off the worst of the dust that has accumulated since it was last lit during the last inspection a year ago

Comment

Working...
                      X