• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In other news, HWMBO's Christmas present to himself was the gift of sight and he had the lens on his right eye replaced today. He is amazed at the result and very much looking forward to when the left is done next week.

Apparently his cataracts were 'crunchy' and it took a while longer than planned to get the old lens out

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      In other news, HWMBO's Christmas present to himself was the gift of sight and he had the lens on his right eye replaced today. He is amazed at the result and very much looking forward to when the left is done next week.

Apparently his cataracts were 'crunchy' and it took a while longer than planned to get the old lens out

Just remember he needs to wear the patch at night, and follow the surgeon's advice on drops.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

There isn't a glovebox on the 350z but there is a lockable storage box behind the passenger seat. Just popped out to see if there was a code and guess what I found! The key!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Just remember he needs to wear the patch at night, and follow the surgeon's advice on drops.
          He's up in weegieland fending for himself so I'm sure he'll follow the instructions.

Comment

Tea: lamb scouse

Accompanied by part two of The Hunt for the World's End Killers on iPlayer, part one of which I watched last night

Comment

Bit luckier this week. In local shop and garage owner saw me and told me my wheel was ready. Got me wallet out and he said it was a minor job and there was no charge, not the first time. Can be benefits to being a long term customer. Will give the young mechanic a tip again tho.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Finished reading The London Cage

Early night now, as I've got various things I'd like to do tomorrow. One of them is going to the dental surgery to see the hygienist. They phoned up yesterday and changed the appointment from just after two to half twelve. Turns out there's a soccer game on, and my route there goes past the football factory, so I'm hoping the earlier time means I can get down there before they close the road. It's not a massive detour if they have, but the traffic will probably be pretty bad tomorrow and the usual route gets me away from some of it

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

High cloud with gaps, so there's wan sunshine, and occasionally brighter ditto, getting through. Bit of a shimmy on the conifers so it's a bit breezy. Currently 9°C and maybe getting to 11° over lunch, while the barometers are up a touch more at 999/1007mB

Comment

Morning.

Saturday?

Instead of the Finals Dream I dreamed of Manderley not keeping up with a lecture and by the time I had noted everything down I'd missed half of the next one. I was glad to wake up.

Grey.

Drizzly.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 13.3 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen, 12.5 deg in the leanto.

1014 mBar, 29.884343 in Hg, 759.1 Torr, 14.6778 psi, (down from 1016 last night), 76% RH (GDR hair), 71% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 8th of August 2019 there was much discussion of Fleetwood's last post and the dire state of this increasingly decrepit site. . No change there then. .

Sun's out.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the grey gloom & drizzle.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: book of the week E1: stars. I've seen things you people wouldn't believe etc.

Freecell score in the ongoing drizzle: 86%, running average: 86%. And it was hard work getting it to 86%.

Tea: spag bol, xmas pud with custard, etc.

Entertainment: PM.

Thing on PBS about "High Noon (1952)" which I've watched previously.

Bit of a thing about Elmore Leonard which I've watched before, thusly:

Alien Files Unsealed: The Space Force. X20 Dyna-Soar.

Maigret S3 E11 "Seven little crosses (1962)". The one about the small boy following a murderer across Paris & breaking the emergency glass on the police phone boxes as they go. Arthur Lowe guests (very briefly).

Bits of UFO bollox interspersed with Terminator 3.

First 35 minutes of Terminator Genisys.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 December 2023, 09:17.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy but bright with sufficient gaps to let the sun through. However cloud cover will increase as the day progresses. Currently 11 degrees ('feels like' 8) with a high of 12 expected. No rain forecast. Barometer up a smidge to 1014 mBar

Off to Kew today to ride the train! Some new friends mentioned how an ex-BA Concorde cabin crew member that they know now volunteers/works at Kew and they'd qualified for train driver duty, up from giving the tour guide patter. They'd planned to have a ride on it for a laff today and I invited myself along. I am bringing the cocktails.

Comment

Working...
                      X