• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Now onto Trucking Hell
    Back on the good stuff

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      The rhododendron is looking a bit worse for wear.
      They're like weeds: immortal.

Though now I think about it, the one in the parents' garden did die.

After I helped it along a bit.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Scouse for tea, with a big bit of sesame bloomer

Comment

I have a couple of chilli plants arriving tomorrow. They did quite well on my little patio last year but sadly I didn't manage to get them to survive over winter even though I did bring them inside when it started getting chilly

Comment

woohoo The government has said that all people aged 50 or over will receive vaccine in registration order. Since I registered 1 minute after the site opened, and before it had response time issues, I'm hopeful.

Kids have to wait 'til
            im not 50 but managed to get the jab because I’m an idiot. Last year I bored everyone to death about a shoulder injury anyway in desperation I took ibuprofen. Reacted to it and had an asthma attack. So having asthma and a hospital visit pushed me up the queue.

Comment

More Trucking Hell watched on the Trucking Hell-watching machine

Suppose I'd better get some sleep now

Goodnight all

Comment

woohoo The government has said that all people aged 50 or over will receive vaccine in registration order. Since I registered 1 minute after the site opened, and before it had response time issues, I'm hopeful.

Kids have to wait 'til us oldies are done. But my boss texted me and says that there's a parallel system going on where some doctors' practices are getting any unused Moderna vaccines and they're been doled out in strict first come first served order.

(Full disclosure - my boss is also a friend of many years standing and hates it when I call him "the boss".)

vetran - sorry, whut? I don unnerstan'. Legs. Cuticles.... Is this some new jargon?
                Being associated with NAT I can understand the reluctance!

Legs=Vogon Poetry - an ode to a piece of green putty and a way to escape the tedium. Town hall + division meeting on the same day - if I wasn't trying to sort a Finance mess I would start day drinking.

Tomorrow is better lots of lectures from MPs and networking

Cuticles look it up!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  I have a couple of chilli plants arriving tomorrow. They did quite well on my little patio last year but sadly I didn't manage to get them to survive over winter even though I did bring them inside when it started getting chilly
                  Its the regular watering! Though they do smell funny.

Mis V3's lettuce, carrots & Radish are on the way!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working my way through an Eclipse plug-in development course. Yesterday afternoon covered OSGI. Didn't really get it. Until 3 this morning when it suddenly became clear.

Temperature 4.4 °C
                    Relative humidity 80%
                    Pressure 978 hPa

Sun is rising, looks like another lovely day. High is 17C.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Being associated with NAT I can understand the reluctance!
                      He he. My professional reputation and my forum reputation are somewhat different. As are my personas.

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

They're like weeds: immortal.
                      Good to know. My wife was a bit upset that we'd wasted £40 and we've have to complain. This in a country where the attitude of many businesses is that the country is always wrong.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X